cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sim card invalid

muskokachris
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

just went to walmart and got a sim card and phone number for a new activation. got home, card says invalid, tried calling phone number and someone answered it, so the phone number must belong to someone else. any ideas????????

10 REPLIES 10

STACER17
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I would try logging into Public Mobile acct, My Account, switch number. Then hopefully your phone will sync to your provider and the SIM card will work. If not, you may have to ask Walmart for reimbursement or exchange.

@hairbag1   OP issue is with Invalid SIM as well.  So, Change Number would solve 1 of the 2 issues.  I think OP still need to work with CS Agent to confirm provisioning.  There have been many provisioning problems this week.

@hairbag1 

I edited my post a minute later, but two people cannot have the same phone number. This new customer must change the phone number. The customer can do that from within self serve.  A provisoning issue (if there is one) would need to be handled by a customer support agent.  Either way, Walmart wouldn't issue a refund as the Public Mobile account has already been opened.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@muskokachris 

Any numbers that are cancelled will have 45 days delay before assigning to new customers. 
Sounds like PM (Telus) posted numbers that shouldn’t be posted for new customers.

As suggested, contact the PM CSAgent for them assign you another number. Not sure if you can change your number on your Self Serve Account since you can choose another number after 30 days.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@hairbag1 

As the store already activated the account, the store cannot provide a refund.  

@hTideGnow 

When Public Mobile accidently assigns an already active full number, the only course of action is to change the phone number. A customer support agent isn't needed for that.

So just log in to account / Change number and select a new number...and that's it ?

@hairbag1 

As the store already activated the account, the store cannot provide a refund.  

@muskokachris 

When Public Mobile accidently assigns an already active full number, the only course of action is to change the phone number. 

@hTideGnow 

I agree with that a customer suoport agent might be needed as outgoing calls should be working.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@muskokachris   if you activate in store, you should at least put the SIM in and check if it works on your phone  🙂

You might have 2 different issues.  For Invalid SIM , I am not sure if the SIM card itself was provisioned properly.  Also, if the issue that someone answered, this is a special mess up only happened with PM (and Telus)

Instead of wait to go to Walmart for an exchange, I think you should open a ticket with PM Customer Service Support to confirm the activation first.  It happened quiet a lot this week that activation/provision wasn't don't properly.  It might be just that and not the card itself.

Open a ticket using Chatbot,

1. start by typing "Activation Problem" 

2. click Activation finished but line not working

3, click No

4. click Still not working

5. click "Click here to submit a ticket"

It will bring you to another page and you can complete the ticket opening there.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@muskokachris wrote:

just went to walmart and got a sim card and phone number for a new activation. got home, card says invalid, tried calling phone number and someone answered it, so the phone number must belong to someone else. any ideas????????

@muskokachris ,

Register for a Self Serve account here: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

Log into your Self Serve account and go to the option "Change Number" in the My Profile section.

Go ahead and proceed to change your phone number. After the selection, log out of Self Serve, then REBOOT your phone.

Performing a Reset of your Network Settings wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Then check that your services are working.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@muskokachris 

go sign in to Self-Serve,  to view your Account Status: is Active or !

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@muskokachris wrote:

Yep...go back to Walmart and demand a fresh sim or refund. Then go to London Drug for a sim.

edit...these guys have them and ship FAST. You can also make arrangement to pick up if you live in GTA.

https://canadiancellsupplies.com/collections/sim-cards/products/public-sim-card

Need Help? Let's chat.