cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

signed up for an accpunt but can't access it

donweber50
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have not been able to use my phone since I have signed up but have paid for it. Have had it with Public mobile. How do I cancel my account?

3 REPLIES 3

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@donweber50 wrote:

I have not been able to use my phone since I have signed up but have paid for it. Have had it with Public mobile. How do I cancel my account?

@donweber50...If you're sure you're done...log into My Account / Payment and remove your credit card info as well as Auopay if you selected it. Your current plan will expire in 30 days after you started it. Without Autopay or self-payment, you won't be billed any longer. After it expires, you have 89 days to start it up again. At day 90, the account and number are clsoed for good and you'd need a new sim and a new account.

Remember there are no refunds either.

Try to be patient and ask for help to get the plan going...you have nothing to lose now.

Look up at top of page...Get Started for some help.

Jt_crane
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I believe you had to input your email and password to sign up for Public Mobile.

1) go to www.publicmobile.ca

2) sign in to "self-serve" with your email and passworld (reset if you forgot your password)

3) check the status of your account.  It should tell you if you are all set up and ready to go, or if you are still waiting for activation.  Sometimes it takes some time especially if you are 'porting' your old phone number to your new phone.

I would be patient and try a few things before deleting your account.  Sounds like something that can be dealt with with a bit of persistance.

hss
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If you just signed it now, wait for few mins to get it activated. Try rebooting your phone as well.

Need Help? Let's chat.