cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

signed up for 30 days free promo, visa was charged and the credit received was used as well?

kjc123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I just signed up for the free 30 days promo with the $30 plan thats avalaible from Feb 2-3, but my credit card was charged $30 plus tax. I recevied $30 credit in my transaction history, but it was used on the same day. It looks like i was double charged for this month, as my auto pay shows the next payment is March 2nd.

public q.png

4 REPLIES 4

Stussyjoo8
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Looks fine too me. I signed up at london drug today and the staff who help me cleary indicate me that the i pay first 30 days and 2nd 30 days will be free.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Taxes-not-added-in-payment-hi...

To modify the analogy in my link above for the "free month" promo:

You buy your first stack of chips and put it into the piggy bank, from which it is immediately taken to pay for the first 30days of service. You have already gotten the $2 chip for the first 30day auto pay (the one for the second 30days will be added on renewal night), as well as the stack chips for the "free month" promo.

Sorry, on the phone, so these kind of things take more time...

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

No, it looks like everything went through fine.

You have to pay for the first month. The amount charged on your credit card is what you see on the first line (+tax) being put into available funds, then second and third lane are taking the plan cost from the available. Fourth and fifth line are the credits for auto pay and second month free put into available funds.

In your next renewal plan cost will be taken from available funds.

@kjc123 wrote:

Hi,

I just signed up for the free 30 days promo with the $30 plan thats avalaible from Feb 2-3, but my credit card was charged $30 plus tax. I recevied $30 credit in my transaction history, but it was used on the same day. It looks like i was double charged for this month, as my auto pay shows the next payment is March 2nd.

public q.png

Your Visa was supposed to be charged.  It's the second set of 30 days that is free.  Also, your screenshot doesn't show anything about your free credit being used.  The part that says credit inside your transaction history is just showing that you did a top up using your Visa card. 

You were not double-charged/overcharged.  The free $30 actually shows up at a later time, usually within 72 hours.

Need Help? Let's chat.