cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

setting up self serve

ernestk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm activating a landline number to use on my wireless home phone receiver. I cannot receive the activation code for registering my number for the self serve activation. What should I try?

EPK

9 REPLIES 9

ernestk

Thanks everybody for your help! I'm set up!

EPK

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ernestk wrote:

I have an iphone on a different account with PM. Want to run my landline off a wireless home phone receiver. Just need to access my self serve account for that.

EPK

As I suggested earlier, set up everything in a normal cell phone on hand or your existing iphone. Then when it's all done, insert the SIM into your wireless home phone receiver. Of course those things can't do data or texting.

ernestk

I have an iphone on a different account with PM. Want to run my landline off a wireless home phone receiver. Just need to access my self serve account for that.

EPK

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@ernestk wrote:

I'm activating a landline number to use on my wireless home phone receiver. I cannot receive the activation code for registering my number for the self serve activation. What should I try?

EPK

Hi @ernestk you cannot activate a landline number using Public Mobile.  You need a cell phone or a smart phone.  

Welcome to Public Mobile

RosieR

ernestk

Okay. I'm getting into new territory here so I think I'm understanding. The phone is activated but I'm unable to set up the self serve section because they want to send me a 6 digit code to confirm.

EPK

ernestk

Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ernestk wrote:

EPK

Get it all set up on a cell phone and then simply insert the SIM into the wireless home phone receiver when it's all otherwise working. If you're using the wireless home phone device you won't get data. But you CAN use the Telus SmartHub for everything in case that's what you have.

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ernestk wrote:

EPK

hi are you porting a landline number? if so they will likely call you on the landline to confirm before the port is done 

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@ernestk wrote:

EPK

@ernestk You could try the live chat for new activations, see what they recommend. Or as you need to take a temporary number, complete the activation without porting the landline. Then ask a moderator for assistance. 

Get live help with your activation.....

Screen Shot 2020-09-16 at 5.54.13 PM.png

Need Help? Let's chat.