cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

setting up my iphone 6s

cmzust
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have followed all directions that I could find to set up my iphone 6s, activated new account, sim card and put it in my phone. it still says no service. what am i missing?

5 REPLIES 5

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@cmzust wrote:

I have followed all directions that I could find to set up my iphone 6s, activated new account, sim card and put it in my phone. it still says no service. what am i missing?

Hi @cmzust ,

Have you just ported a number? 

If not try-reseting your network settings

*removing your SIM for a couple minutes, then inserting it.

*rebooting your phone

*going into airplane mode for a few minutes, then turning it back off

If you have just ported, a cell number from a previous cell provider can take up to 3-4 to complete.

A landline can take a few days to complete.

Good Luck!

@cmzust Imessage and WiFi assist will use data when wifi isn't available. Also, enable sms and mms to send and receive from Android phones. Stay safe. 

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@cmzust wrote:

@cmzust 

sync to iTunes
1. Insert new working SIM - do not turn phone on (if SIM is already in, turn off)
2. Connect to computer with USB cable.
3. Start iTunes if it doesn't auto run
4. iPhone will switch on. Wait until iTunes registers it and checks for updates
5. Install the carrier profile update (if offered, if not, go to step 6)
6. Disconnect and restart. From @luddite.

If this fails, reset your network settings and restart your phone if it doesn't automatically do so. 

1. Open the Settings menu.
  2. Open the General menu.
  3. Select the Reset option.
  4. Select the Reset Network Settings option.
  5. Enter the passcode for your iPhone (if you have one set.)
  6. Touch the Reset Network Settings button again to confirm 

cmzust
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i can send/receive texts and use my phone but only on wifi. no service for making calls or using my phone away from home

shep22
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@cmzust wrote:

@cmzust hello if you connect to itunes you can download the latest updates good luck

Need Help? Let's chat.