cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

service suspension

mingsecond
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I lost my phone and I never signed up the self-service account either. How can I suspend my account until I get the new phone?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

mingsecond

Thanks for the suggestion!

It was an Iphone 8. But my daughter didn't activate the "find my phone" function so it seems your links won't work.

Thanks again.

Ming

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@mingsecond For help in locating a lost device, check out the corresponding link below for the type of phone that you have:

To erase your personal data check out:

Android : https://www.androidpit.com/how-to-remotely-delete-android-phone-data

iPhone :http://instructionaltechtalk.com/how-to-remotely-erase-a-stolen-iphone-or-ipad/

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@mingsecond  to add to @Triguy  and @ddeep91  suggestions. Give them an email address and ask for a temporary password to set up your self service account. After you send the private message.

Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent. Also keep an eye on the envelope, the mods answer will show up there.
You can also enable email notification to receive a private message notification sent to your email.
Go into your community account > my settings > PREFERENCES > Private Messenger > enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages" > Save

Once you are in your account, use the lost/ stolen feature to suspend it. This prevents the fraudelent  porting of your number. Once you get your new phone and SIM, log in change your SIM, take it off of lost/ stolen. Insert your SIM and restart your phone. 

20200325_014121.jpg

mingsecond

thank you!

mingsecond

Thank you for the quick response.

I forgot to mention that I did set up the auto-pay when I initially purchased the SIM card at the retailers kiosk.

I will contact the moderator for help.

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

How did you sign up for your phone plan?

Everyone has an MY self serve account when they get a new phone number, Its the email you give when you sign up for a number.

Since you don't have access to your account.

You can contact them directly using (Private Message) this Moderator Team.

Make sure you enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem.

The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox. Keep an eye on your Mailbox.

Give them as many details are you can, Your phone number, pin number, email address, name on the account

Please note: It may take 24-48 hours for them to get in touch with you.

Cheers

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@mingsecond , are you set up for auto payment?  If you did not set up the self serve account, it would seem like you are not on auto payment.  In that case, the account will self suspend when the current payment cycle is completed.  In the meantime, it would be useful to enable the lost phone feature to prevent others from possibly accessing your phone number which is a potential security risk.  Please contact the moderator team for assistance in that regard.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using smartforms which is initiated by clicking on the ? on the lower right corner of the webpage or try using this link. The guided process will facilitate documentation of the issue or concern and the required resolution which will be submitted to the moderator team. Refer to this announcement link for additional details on smartforms and the ticketing system for moderator team interactions. If use of smartform brings no joy, then use the following direct link to private message the moderator team. Refer to the following knowledge base article for additional information on the moderator team.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You can send a private message to a moderator through the following link :
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.