cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

service related

kapil
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i dont want to use the service for 1 month as i am going out of canada. is there any procedure i dont pay for 1 month and it doesnt happen that if i dont recharge my number my number gets suspended.

21 REPLIES 21

@darlicious wrote:

@kselmak wrote:

@darlicious 

Did they communicate to moderators that it was stolen?

Lost is not she as stolen.

Lost can be found

Well even stolen as you say can be returned,

If you tell them help it's stolen then I would understand.

But if I lose it and just want to pause any activity till I find it I would be very mad about having it blacklisted without my consent

@kselmak  Pm doesn't care or really notice when you use lost/stolen only the system recognizes the feature being used. So only if you submit a service ticket and specifically ask a moderator to blacklist your phone will that occur at public mobile.

Exactly

Why would anybody want to do more than they have to, or fix something that's not broken.

You report it lost/stolen you don't contact mods, means you didn't press the panic button, so just report it found once you have it in your hands.

You report it stolen, you contact the moderators that it's stolen, they help you further

@gblackma wrote:

@darlicious , @kselmak , so to be perfectly clear, if you put your phone as stolen, leave your credit card on autopay, and have enough funds on your account to pay your monthly bill. As long as its reported stolen P.M. will not charge you? Thanks.

@gblackma  Yes @kselmak is right to use the lost stolen option if you have enough funds in your account to already pay your renewal, then that would be the best option to use to suspend the account.  However, I will say removing the CC works well if your account balance won't renew without more funds. 

I have removed CC and suspended an acount that is used temporarily throughout the year and have experienced no negative outcomes when re-activating the account by adding back my CC.  The autopay rewards never got affected and were used against the payment when I re-activated.  I have suspended this account again by removing my CC and it shows account suspended.  As this account only qualifies for autopay rewards, I can only confirm that these rewards were not affected but have no knowledge about other account rewards being an issue when using this method.

@gblackma wrote:

@darlicious , @kselmak , so to be perfectly clear, if you put your phone as stolen, leave your credit card on autopay, and have enough funds on your account to pay your monthly bill. As long as its reported stolen P.M. will not charge you? Thanks.

Yes all activity is suspended (in a case it may be actually stolen )

And I prefer to think of it as lost:)

@kselmak wrote:

@darlicious 

Lost can be found

But if I lose it and just want to pause any activity till I find it I would be very mad about having it blacklisted without my consent

@kselmak  Pm doesn't care or really notice when you use lost/stolen only the system recognizes the feature being used. So only if you submit a service ticket and specifically ask a moderator to blacklist your phone will that occur at public mobile.

@darlicious wrote:

@gblackma  Removing autopay and your credit card will also make you lose that reward and hinder your ability to pay and reactivate your account from here or away.

Yes there are issues definitely, you just have to see are you losing more or graining, pausing 60 plan that only has autopay would save you 58 yet cycle but yes when you come back you will not pay 58 the first time but 60, after that you are fine. Having 25 plan with 21 in rewards will save you $4 for avoiding that cycle, but when you come back you will pay 21 more the first time, so you better just leave it as is

@gblackma  Removing autopay and your credit card will also make you lose that reward and hinder your ability to pay and reactivate your account from here or away.

@darlicious 

Lost can be found

@kselmak  A member a few days ago had pm blacklist his phone after it was stolen. He was fortunate and diligent enough to have convinced the thief to turn it in no questions asked at the community centre from which it was stolen. He then wondered how long it took for it to be taken off the list. (minimum 72 hrs.)

@dabr wrote:

@gblackma wrote:

@kselmak , if @kapil reports the phone stolen for a month , wouldn't it end up on the national registry ?And then take a minimum 72 hours to remove? Isn't @dabr 's method better?

@kselmak wrote:

Report your phone lost when you leave and then found when you get back

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/plan-and-Add-ons/suspend-service/ 

@gblackma  I believe reporting the phone stolen only shows on PM's server and does not get on the national registry.  It has been used, quite successfully, for resetting account that don't get provisioned properly for payment and other issues, but some users have reported rewards being affected when using this method and the need for moderators help to restore missing rewards.

@gblackma if is also the only way to stop payment if you have enough available funds in your account. Removing cc info and cancelling autopay will stop processing payment off your cc but your balance will still be consumed add long as it's greater or equal to your plan, once if goes below your due amount the payment will fail and account will go into suspension

I think the registry follows different channel, I don't think that providers report it BN (unless they are the owner and you left with it without paying out completely). If it's lost also it doesn't mean stolen

@gblackma  You can ask pm to blacklist your phone for you they can probably do it a little quicker than you can on your own. Using the lost/stolen feature not for its intended purpose is a dilemma you must decide. Pm wants members to try other options  to restore service first before resorting to using it so as to not tie up moderator time manually adding rewards because members used the lost/stolen feature on a whim trying to troubleshoot an issue that won't be solved by using it.

@gblackma wrote:

Thanks @darlicious and @dabr . Fyi, if someone says that their phone is really stolen? And they use the lost/stolen feature on in my account ? PM  will not blacklist it on the national database. The owner will have to do it themselves?

Yes that would be my understanding.  As to missing rewards as mentioned by @darlicious personally I would prefer to report it stolen and get my phone service working and wait to have the rewards restored by moderators.  In the past moderator response time could sometimes take days, so better to use a workaround that works faster, I would think:)

Thanks @darlicious and @dabr . Fyi, if someone says that their phone is really stolen? And they use the lost/stolen feature on in my account ? PM  will not blacklist it on the national database. The owner will have to do it themselves?

@gblackma  Using the lost/feature in your account only prevents your phone from having service with public mobile. Only the owner of the phone, the mobility service provider or a device protection insurance company can blacklist the phone and not by the switch of a button.

@dabr  Is correct that you will not have rewards applied on renewal when using  the lost/stolen feature for any reason. You must ask for them to be applied manually after renewal. It has been reported that the loyalty reward is not affected and still gets applied automatically.

@gblackma wrote:

@kselmak , if @kapil reports the phone stolen for a month , wouldn't it end up on the national registry ?And then take a minimum 72 hours to remove? Isn't @dabr 's method better?

@kselmak wrote:

@gblackma  I believe reporting the phone stolen only shows on PM's server and does not get on the national registry.  It has been used, quite successfully, for resetting account that don't get provisioned properly for payment and other issues, but some users have reported rewards being affected when using this method and the need for moderators help to restore missing rewards.

@kselmak wrote:

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@kapil wrote:

i dont want to use the service for 1 month as i am going out of canada. is there any procedure i dont pay for 1 month and it doesnt happen that if i dont recharge my number my number gets suspended.

Remove your CC (if registered) on account and it will suspend if no payment is received.  You can leave it suspeneded 90 days before the account and number is de-activated, however, just make a payment before that time to keep your account.  In your case it shouldn't be a problem as you are only suspending for a month.

Also keep in mind if you have funds in your account balance, equivalent to your plan costs, those will automatically be taken to renew your plan.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@kapil wrote:

@kapil You can stop your service up to 90 days using your self-service account.

Need Help? Let's chat.