cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

renewal

Barbie2
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I want to say I had a bit of a scare this morning. And was wondering if there is an article for newcomers to see about the process of renewal? I saw these two things. I had noticed my service was still working and did not reach out to anyone in hopes it was just normal since the notice said to ignore it. Thank you.

Screen Shot 2020-05-10 at 12.02.48 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-05-10 at 12.02.34 AM.png

8 REPLIES 8

brettster99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Barbie2 

Yeah, that is a very common thing that happens. Basically all of us have had that at least once of a scare in the beginning. That is why I don't really log into self serve much at all. Only to purchase an addon or to check how much data I have used. That's about it other then changing plans recently 

I have suggested here once or twice before that there should be a "Sticky" labeled "Account Suspended? Read This First!"

This could explain the process and alleviate a lot of fears and posts about this issue.

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Barbie2 

It is definitely normal to see the account saying  "Expired/Suspended" a day before your plan is about to renew. Avoid accessing your online account around the renewal day. If you have the auto-pay set up and your phone is working, it is better to leave it alone 🙂

Cheers

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Barbie2 , this is a long standing issue since I joined in 2016.  Luckily, it is not a major concern in that most people don't into their account during the renewal process.  But if they do, it is quite a bit of a scare.  Unfortunately, it seems like the process which used to happen close to midnight eastern time is now protracted and takes a lot longer to cycle through from expired to active status.  From what I recall, there hasn't been much discussion around patching this as it is viewed as "normal proces".  

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

Welcome to the community!

The only way I wasn't terrified of this is because I dove into the community right away and saw a bunch of people panic and the community calmed them down from the ledge and explained it was normal. So I was prepared. I think in the help page there is an explanation of renewals, you can go here to find it:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help

Also if you ever need a question answered the bottom right corner has a question mark tap that and ask the SIMon bot anything 🙂

Have a great day!

Welcome to the community @Barbie2 . The normal PM renewal process is expired, then suspended, payment comes out at 2am est (on the self service account date) then the plan resets for the next 30 day cycle at 6am est. Once your phone is working properly ignore it. Just check for you 611 payment thankyou text message around 12.03pm est. Tomorrow,  in your case today.
Renewal process screenshots https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/If-I-have-a-credit-35-00-does...

Stay safe.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Barbie2 

Usually on the day of your plan renewal, PM will issue different warnings in your self service account.  

As long as your plan is working and you are on autopay or have enough funds for renewal, I would not worry.  

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Barbie2 Hello yes that is the normal process I remember the first time I seen it it scared me also along with many others there are some articles in the help section about it, as long as everything works today it should all be fine get used to it you’ll see it every cycle Have a great day

Need Help? Let's chat.