cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

regret the move to public so far

Saturday night: I was at a Walmart and began the process to switch from Rogers to Public Mobile.

There were issues during the process: payment method was declined the first time, tried to run it a second time and seemed to be issues again. The Walmart tech guy dug up a number and phoned to halt the process entirely. At that point I was having second thoughts about Public Mobile.

Today I have no service, Public Mobile ported my phone number so I'm no longer with Rogers but I also did not install a new SIM card because I thought we'd halted the transfer. Now I'm on a payment plan with PM, no sim card, no service, and I live in a rural area so a solution is not that simple. I spent all morning trying to get someone with Telus to help with this but they're arms length and it's not going to happen. 

What next?

Mayor / Maire

Re: regret the move to public so far

@pubmonewbie wrote:

Saturday night: I was at a Walmart and began the process to switch from Rogers to Public Mobile.

There were issues during the process: payment method was declined the first time, tried to run it a second time and seemed to be issues again. The Walmart tech guy dug up a number and phoned to halt the process entirely. At that point I was having second thoughts about Public Mobile.

Today I have no service, Public Mobile ported my phone number so I'm no longer with Rogers but I also did not install a new SIM card because I thought we'd halted the transfer. Now I'm on a payment plan with PM, no sim card, no service, and I live in a rural area so a solution is not that simple. I spent all morning trying to get someone with Telus to help with this but they're arms length and it's not going to happen. 

What next?

How did you signup with Public Mobile and not get a SIM card???

Are you sure you were charged by Public Mobile for the cost of the plan?

If your number was inadverently ported over to PM and you want it reversed, you can contact Rogers for help.

Oracle

@pubmonewbie wrote:

What next?

I would go back to the Walmart to get the sim card. 

You will need the assistance of the Moderators and to do that you will need to create a Trouble Ticket.  Click this link to CREATE A TROUBLE TICKET.  Follow the prompts to get to the Contact Us button and then a Submit Ticket button will appear. But without a sim card and a self serve account I am not sure how they would verify identity.

Community Moderators are available from Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm(Eastern)

More info on moderators

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *
Mayor / Maire

You try submitting a ticket or try calling the porting department if you have not already tried it.

If you are having trouble with your services, the next step is to contact a moderator. Here is the link to create a ticket through SIMon: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help   -> Click on Chat with Simon - on the line "ask me something" write "moderator" -> then click on "account specific question" -> afterward click on "no, I want a human" -> finally you will see an answer "submit a ticket Click me!"   I have seen the following number mentioned in this forum as a way to contact the Telus porting team.  You could try calling the following phone# 1-877-868-3587.

Mayor / Maire

@pubmonewbie wrote:

What next?

Porting number is automated.  By the time the WM rep called to cancel.  Rogers may alread got the request.

Since your account was activated in-store, you need your SIM to receive a 6 digit code to create a self-serve account.  You only option is to get moderator assistant to find your account.  

Create a moderator support ticket for help using the ? button at the right side bottom corner of this page.

Mayor / Maire

@pubmonewbie 
On the the other hand, if you received the SIM card and are just holding on to it, why not pop it in your phone? If you've already paid for the service, what have you got to lose? Try it out, you might like it.

No, I did not purchase a SIM card.. I aborted the transfer, there were problems from the start and I decided against the move. That's saying something as a long-time Rogers customer who would love to say goodbye to Rogers.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@pubmonewbie wrote:

No, I did not purchase a SIM card.. I aborted the transfer, there were problems from the start and I decided against the move. That's saying something as a long-time Rogers customer who would love to say goodbye to Rogers.

If your number was inadverently ported and you want it reversed, you can contact Rogers to get your account and number back. Telus can't help you.

Rogers directed me to contact Public Mobile. I've talked to a couple of Telus people and they can't help. 

Mayor / Maire

@pubmonewbie wrote:

Rogers directed me to contact Public Mobile. I've talked to a couple of Telus people and they can't help. 

Do you have a Public Mobile account?

If not, only Rogers can help you.