cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

registered, no service

Lorr
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am registered for the $25 plan, 500MB Data with AutoPay bonus, unlimited talk Canada-wide, unlimited international Text & picture, same as my husband, we both signed up yesterday. Why is it he has full service, & the only text I receive is from Public Mobile, I call my husband's ph#, & am informed that it is a long distance call, I am not receiving any calls or texts, & cannot send any calls or texts. What do I need to do to actually have use of this service? Public Mobile thanked me for activating with them, I entered the 6 digit code they send. please help!

10 REPLIES 10

Lorr

I switched sim cards again, got the APN address from the other phone, then I had to manually enter the APN address in my phone.  No more problems.  thanks everyone for your help.

Lorr

Well, I live in a "dip" in the road, & service is very poor.

@Lorr wrote:

SUCCESS, Thank you for your help, I can now text & call & receive them.  I live in a "Zone" so I cannot try data yet.  I only have 1 bar

@Lorr what do you mean by Zone?  Public Mobile doesn't have zones.

@Lorr wrote:

SUCCESS, Thank you for your help, I can now text & call & receive them.  I live in a "Zone" so I cannot try data yet.  I only have 1 bar

Welcome to Public Mobile!
Please share with us your solution. Were any posts helpful?

See a post you like? Show it some love and give it a bravo!

BRAVOS.png

If someone is able to deliver a great solution to your problem, mark their response as an “Accepted Solution” to appreciate the efforts of your helper.

ACCEPT AS SOLUTION.png

Lorr

Lorr

my account says ACTIVE, my husband's sim card in my phone did not help. Data does not work. I have a Samsung Galaxy III, & I did the check & it is supposed to work.  I will call my previous provider (Petro Canada Mobility) tomorrow & see if they released my phone #.

@popping @Luddite you beat me to the send button again.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Have you logged into your my account to see what your plan says there? Were you with the same provider? We're We' prepaid?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Lorr wrote:

I am registered for the $25 plan, 500MB Data with AutoPay bonus, unlimited talk Canada-wide, unlimited international Text & picture, same as my husband, we both signed up yesterday. Why is it he has full service, & the only text I receive is from Public Mobile, I call my husband's ph#, & am informed that it is a long distance call, I am not receiving any calls or texts, & cannot send any calls or texts. What do I need to do to actually have use of this service? Public Mobile thanked me for activating with them, I entered the 6 digit code they send. please help!

Login to your account. 

Is youraccount status active?

If yes, try the lost/stolen phone trick to re-provision your plan features.

1. Login to your self-serve account.
2. Report your phone lost/stolen using [Plan and Add-Ons] --> [Lost/Stolen Phone]
3. Logoff
4. Wait 5 minutes and login again
5. Report your phone found.
6. Re-start you phone to provision your account again. i.e. enable all features of you plan again.

If this trick failed to get thing working again, you should send a private message to moderator for help. But the wait is up to 48 hours. Good luck.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Lorr  Sounds as though your account did not provision properly. Before contacting the moderators would you check a few things?

a) login to your self serve account and see if the plan is correct and Status = active

b) trade SIMs with your husband and see if the problem moves with the SIM or stays with your phone (if your phone is a problem what is make/model?)

c) did you request a transfer of your number from another carrier (which)?

d) does data work?

That message about long distance charges can be ignored as long as calls connect. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.