cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

regarding porting a number from lucky mobile to public mobile

harleen
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i just wanna know can we do this online like if i want to port a number from lucky mobile to PM. 

15 REPLIES 15

@darlicious wrote:

@CannonFodder  Yes I agree with you...some other providers make it impossible to find your account number (virgin comes to mind) and just as impossible to reach a live human on their call system.  The only reason the IMEI is often suggested not to be used is because of the length of the number increases the chance of making an error. I have used it successfully on several activations so it shouldnt be made out as a deterrent to porting your number. Welcome to public mobile!

BTW...love the username!

No one is denying the carriers sometimes make it difficult to find the account number. Chatr Wireless does the same thing and you must call in to get the account number. This doesn't change that in most cases, customers should still be using this instead of IMEI for porting purposes. The IMEI and PIN can be thought of as a fallback when account number is impossible to get, or in the case of Speakout Wireless, a requirement.

@darlicious wrote:

@CannonFodder  Yes I agree with you...some other providers make it impossible to find your account number (virgin comes to mind) and just as impossible to reach a live human on their call system.  The only reason the IMEI is often suggested not to be used is because of the length of the number increases the chance of making an error. I have used it successfully on several activations so it shouldnt be made out as a deterrent to porting your number. Welcome to public mobile!

BTW...love the username!

How 'bout that - Virgin & Lucky have the same issue, and ISTR seeing that they're both owned by Bell. Smiley Frustrated

Yeah, I kinda figured the length of the IMEI was potentially the issue with porting, which is why I double & triple checked my number, to make SURE I got it correct, to hopefully avoid the porting issues I've read about.

I bought the PM SIM at the local London Drugs, intending to do the port/activation online, but the guy at the cell phone counter said he needed to activate it himself. When I asked why, he said that several customers have had various issues doing it themselves( "glitches with the PM system" ), which, according to him, renders the SIM card useless, and then the customers have returned to the store, asking for a new SIM, but they can't give them a replacement, and have to sell them another one. He said that if the port/activation doesn't go through when THEY do the deed, THEN they can justify giving the customer a replacement..... basically, they're assuming that any port/activation done by their customers, that doesn't work, is simply user error on the customers' part. Since I didn't have the Lucky account number with me, he sold me the SIM, and told me that if it didn't go through, I wouldn't be entitled to a replacement SIM.

As it turns out, from reading another thread, or two, about SIMs not porting/activating, even if it does SEEM like the SIM may be rendered useless, it's apparently still recoverable.

As for the username, glad ya like it.... I use it, or some variation, in plenty of other online activity. Smiley LOL

BTW...love the username!

@cavemantoronto wrote:

@harleen wrote:

i just wanna know can we do this online like if i want to port a number from lucky mobile to PM. 

Use your Lucky account number when porting. Skip IMEI and PiN. I say skip PIN becauae people get confused with voicemail passwords, banking PIN, phone passcode, and account PIN (or use the PIN from wrong carrier.  It's asking for trouble.  Using more than account number is usually uneccesary and bad. More can go wrong/not match.

I ported my number from Lucky to PM this afternoon, and while the above advice may be sound, I couldn't get it done by using my Lucky account number.

Why not? Well, I don't have an account number written down anywhere, so I assumed that if I logged into my Lucky account online, it would be EASY to find it, and use that to port my phone number, but it's NOWHERE to be found! Smiley Sad  Having read, in another thread, that you can't use your phone number as the account number, when porting, and that you should phone Lucky to get your account number, I did just that. Unfortunately, their contact numbers all go to their menu system, which, unless I completely missed something, NEVER has the option to talk to a real person, and no matter which option(s) you select, you always end up starting over & over again!!! Smiley Mad

I figured that since one of the porting options was via using the IMEI number, I'd try that, and it worked fine - took about an hour & a half before it all got sorted out, and it may have just been a coincidence, but restarting the phone seemed to kickstart it into connecting.

@harleen If you have successfully ported your lucky number then that account is closed.

harleen

now as i transfer a  number from lucky mobile to PM. it is successfully ported. now thw question is there are dollars in that lucky mobile account and as i am calling on that number and it says "the lucky mobile customer you are calling isunable to recieve the call ur call cannot be completed check the number and dialed again ", now what i need to do and in that lucky mobile account there was some money???

@harleen wrote:

now as i transfer a  number from lucky mobile to PM. it is successfully ported. now thw question is there are dollars in that lucky mobile account and as i am calling on that number and it says "the lucky mobile customer you are calling isunable to recieve the call ur call cannot be completed check the number and dialed again ", now what i need to do and in that lucky mobile account there was some money???

@harleen  If your lucky account is prepaid there generally is no refunds for a prepaid account. Any issues with them you would have to contact lucky.

harleen

harleen

thanks, this is reallY helpful

@GinYVR wrote:

@harleenLog into your selfserve

You don't need to fill out everything in the transfer section.. you only need to fill in 3 items (any combinations of the options in that list).

Porting number to Public MobilePorting number to Public Mobile

You mean 1 of 3 out of account number, PIN, IMEI?

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@harleenLog into your selfserve

You don't need to fill out everything in the transfer section.. you only need to fill in 3 items (any combinations of the options in that list).

Porting number to Public MobilePorting number to Public Mobile

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@harleen wrote:

Use your Lucky account number when porting. Skip IMEI and PiN. I say skip PIN becauae people get confused with voicemail passwords, banking PIN, phone passcode, and account PIN (or use the PIN from wrong carrier.  It's asking for trouble.  Using more than account number is usually uneccesary and bad. More can go wrong/not match.

@ yes follow what @popping says just make sure you have the name of the account, phone number and pin code for that number. The other stuff can be left blank. If you dontvhave the pin code then you use the IMEI from the phone but triple check that number before submitting because that is often where problems occur when one digit is wrong. However I've used it three times now when porting and had no issues whatsoever and the porting is instantaneous.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@harleen wrote:

yes, you can port your number from Lucky to PM online using [Plan and Add-Ons]--> [Change Phone Number] --> [Transfer a wireless or wireline number ]

Need Help? Let's chat.