cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

receiving calls

leon11
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I just got started with Public Mobile this afternoon when a techie at London Drugs in Nanaimo, BC installed a Public Mobile SIM card in my ZTE flip phone. Previously I was with Chatr, but their service is spotty where I live and I was told Public Mobile's Telus service is better.

So far with Public Mobile I can make outgoing calls, but can not receive calls. When someone tries to call me they get a "your call has been forwarded to a voice mail service of a custom that has not been initialized... etc, etc."

How do I rectify this , as I was able to both send and receive calls with Chatr on this same phone.

Thanks,

Ivan on Gabriola Island

5 REPLIES 5

@leon11 wrote:

Hello,

I just got started with Public Mobile this afternoon when a techie at London Drugs in Nanaimo, BC installed a Public Mobile SIM card in my ZTE flip phone. Previously I was with Chatr, but their service is spotty where I live and I was told Public Mobile's Telus service is better.

So far with Public Mobile I can make outgoing calls, but can not receive calls. When someone tries to call me they get a "your call has been forwarded to a voice mail service of a custom that has not been initialized... etc, etc."

How do I rectify this , as I was able to both send and receive calls with Chatr on this same phone.

Thanks,

Ivan on Gabriola Island

Based on the timestamp of your message, if the incoming calls on your Public Mobile phone are still not working, the number porting has failed.

To prevent missing calls when people are trying to reach you, reinsert your Chatr sim card. Call Chatr customer service and request your Chatr account number.  Then, when you do open a ticket at Public Mobile, provide that Chatr account number to the Public Mobile moderator.

Thingoc
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

same issue for me today, I spoke to Simon and submitted a ticket but they have not responded yet...

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@leon11 wrote:

Hello,

Thanks,

Ivan on Gabriola Island

Hi @leon11 ,

If you just ported your phone number from another cell provider it could take a few hours to complete the port. Using the other cell provider's SIM you should be still receiving calls on it, until the port completes.

If you ported from a landline it could take up to 7 days to complete.

*fyi, incoming calls are usually the last to complete to port.

Make sure you do not cancel your previous provider's services until the port is complete.

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@leon11 hello your port could be stuck try contacting a moderator you can do so by clicking the question mark at the lower right corner,to avoid going around in circles with Simon say that you want a human to speak to, a ticket will then be generated briefly mention your issue, you should get a response between 2 to 48 hours a reply should show up in your little envelope in the top right corner

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@leon11 wrote:

Hello,

Thanks,

Ivan on Gabriola Island

@leon11 hi it's possible you have a stuck port  contact a moderator  click on the ? Bottom right hand corner Ask Simon to speak to a human this will help create a ticket to speak to a moderator mention port stuck    check the envelope top right corner for a reply response time is 2 to 48 hours

Need Help? Let's chat.