cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reactive my account

vincep
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Why doesn't Public Mobile have Automatic activation once the proper funds are in the account ..why do we have to be at the mercy of the moderators to use our phone services ? ..just common sense approche to a simple problem dont you think ...other carriers are doing it why not program that into your system .

10 REPLIES 10

zakl
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

"Sorry, we could not complete your call; you don't have a long distance add-on and this call is not covered by your plan".

zakl

I'm filing something here:

https://crtc.gc.ca/eng/contact/#complaint

@vincep wrote:

This is just BS run arround just to get my services back on ..tried your solution Talked to simon bot and logged into my account went through verification and tells me im locked out of my account ..do us regular joes a favour . dont surgest solutions if you've never tried them your self ...

There should be absolute no way that paying customers should wait for moderators to approve their account to have service again . This should be automatic ..especially with the technologies we have today . And any of you privilaged members should not be discouraging any other member in voicing their concerns ...you being an expert and all .( and i ment that sarcastically )

Have you tried the method suggested by @popping ...that has worked in alot of cases such as yours.

Try removing sim for a moment, then replacing.

The Community Forum is made up of users like you and I. Until you can get in touch with a moderator, just remember, everyone here is trying to help you. Go easy on us...everyone here agrees there should be a better way but until there is, give the suggestions a go.

Maybe you would be better $erved with one of the other cell provider$.

vincep

seeing as public mobile promotes auto pay ..they should have fail safe procederes in place for that feature  right ? since Telus has taken over Public mobile ..they are to maintain services as per say ...https://crtc.gc.ca/eng/phone/mobile/code.htm . and if many of us are having such problems with service its time to voice our opionion to CRTC and not the forum ..which is pertrolled by Public Mobile empoyees masquerading as Good Citizens ..to deflect the issues of paying customer ! A very cost effective way of dealing with issues dont you figure ....give me a good reason why some ordinary Citizens have so much technical knowledge of how to get things done ?? and always defend public mobile like its their business ???

vincep

omg do i have to break this down to you ..its a waste of time ..just figure out what "proper funds " would mean 

zakl

I have no service, which almost ended a relationship (it may still have). I also know of other people who currently have no service. They've clearly outgrown their infrastructure, yet won't put any of the money they're stealing from people towards it.

vincep

This is just BS run arround just to get my services back on ..tried your solution Talked to simon bot and logged into my account went through verification and tells me im locked out of my account ..do us regular joes a favour . dont surgest solutions if you've never tried them your self ...

There should be absolute no way that paying customers should wait for moderators to approve their account to have service again . This should be automatic ..especially with the technologies we have today . And any of you privilaged members should not be discouraging any other member in voicing their concerns ...you being an expert and all .( and i ment that sarcastically )

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@vincep wrote:

Why doesn't Public Mobile have Automatic activation once the proper funds are in the account ..why do we have to be at the mercy of the moderators to use our phone services ? ..just common sense approche to a simple problem dont you think ...other carriers are doing it why not program that into your system .

After adding fund to your account, did you click on the re-activate account link on the top right of your suspended overview page after login?

If re-activate link doe not work, you can try the lost/stolen phone trick to provision your plan again.

1. Login to your self-serve account.
2. Report your phone lost/stolen using [Plan and Add-Ons] --> [Lost/Stolen Phone]
3. Logoff
4. Wait 5 minutes and login again
5. Report your phone found.
6. Re-start you phone to provision your account again. i.e. enable all features of you plan again.

If this trick failed to get thing working again, you should send a private message to moderator for help. But the wait is up to 48 hours. Good luck.
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

lubinyeee23

What is the issue here? Could you explain the "proper funds" a bit better? Public mobile is pay per month, and has an autopay monthly option. Maybe set this up?

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

An overwhelming majority of people use the Dynamic Autopay option and never think twice about their renewal or their continued service. That being said, until no one has to be concerned, the job is not complete and we'll still need the moderators to help a few of us. Hopefully, the recent updates and the new SIMON app will reduce the number and the ease of solving these situation. And hopefully the speed at which these PROBLEMS are fixed.

Need Help? Let's chat.