cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

re-using a public mobile SIM card.

cnetherton
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a public mobile SIM card I was using in 2015 and 2016 for SMS testing.  I would like ti re-activate it but it says the Sim card number is invalid.  Aslo the forgotten password frature is not working for me.  If I try and create a new account using my originally assigned phine number I get an error as well.What is the process for re-activating a sim card and how do I get my account back (forgotten password)?

4 REPLIES 4

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

Yup

For some reason no Canadian carriers allow recycling SIMs

So you need to get a new one now

Lg85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@cnetherton

Your old sim card will no longer work. You will need to purchase a new sim card (either in Walmart, WOW Mobile kiosk, or K Mobile). The other alternative is to purchase one online from Public Mobile. 

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If you were just testing SIM card and stop using it (stop paying for your plan) for more then 90 days, your SIM card and you account are deactivated. You need to buy new SIM card and create a new account.

Sorry, but sim cards are not reusable. In general, there isn't a carrier in the country who will allow this (I have read about a carrier allowing re-use of a sim card onto the same account as it was on before, but that doesn't apply here since any account from 2016 would already be closed).

Need Help? Let's chat.