cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

random connectivity

I just signed up 36 hours ago with Public Mobile and ported over my old phone number. I am using an iPhone 4. So far only one person can receive my texts (Android phone). I can phone several other phones successfully, but they can't phone me.

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: random conectivity

@donweixl Did you port a landline, it can take up to 2 days to complete. However, if you ported a mobile number it should have been completed in 2.5 hours.  If it's the latter, your port may be stuck. Contact a moderator and explain your situation. 

Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket )

@donweixl wrote:

I just signed up 36 hours ago with Public Mobile and ported over my old phone number. I am using an iPhone 4. So far only one person can receive my texts (Android phone). I can phone several other phones successfully, but they can't phone me.

Highlighted

Thank you for your reply.

I ported over a cell number.

I can't see a green checkmark anywhere on my computor screen.

DW

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You are welcome @donweixl contact them directly using this link by private message https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Or alternately call the Telus porting department at 1 877 868 3587.

@donweixl wrote:

Thank you for your reply.

I ported over a cell number.

I can't see a green checkmark anywhere on my computor screen.

DW

Mayor / Maire

Re: random connectivity

@donweixl  Your port is stuck. If you put your old sim card in can you recieve calls to it? Regardless you should contact the moderators by clicking on the (?) At the bottom right corner of the screen and submit a ticket via simon explaining your issue. Type activation issue, then human, then follow the prompts to submit your ticket.

While you wait for a moderator you may be able to have the telus porting department complete it but only if access to your pm account is not required. Have your account # ready.

Call 1 877 868 3587. After you get it ported in check for updates in your settings because your iPhone is getting old.....further issues and @iPhoneUser  will be able to help out.

Highlighted

Thanks darlicious. Apparently I didn't provide the correct account info from my old carrier to complete the port over. Interesting that it works somewhat....

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

When you activate you can call out and text pretty much right away...and use data. If you take a new number your incoming will work as well. You can port when you activate but if something goes wrong (like your case) you'll be missing half your service while you get it fixed. With a new number you have all services on one SIM card/phone while you wait for your port to complete.