cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Your post will appear as soon as it is approved."

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hey,

I was trying to reply to someone I decided to edit it and now I received this message.download.png

What's it mean? I've never seen it before. I've got 2 rejected messages and I don't know why.

38 REPLIES 38

My understanding (from what I've read at the Khoros support forums) is that Khoros customers (including PM) often have all sorts of little bugs/issues to contend with each time the software is automatically updated. And these customers usually have limited technical expertise to address these issues - if they had constant access to the necessary IT experts then they would've built and maintained their forum platforms in house.

So I expect bugs. They're always unavoidable in any complex system, every time something gets fixed or improved there's a chance that something else gets broken. But I'm also a little disappointed that they allow so many known, reproducible, and longstanding bugs to remain uncorrected - especially when some bugs continue to frustrate so many customers into complaining, ranting, hating, or finally leaving. Negative online reviews are bad advertising, if nothing else. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

So I'm finally getting around to say something here. Since Dunkgirl posted about Mary_M doing something it twigged my memory that oh yeah I had that early on in my time here too.

I'm quite disturbed at the responses from the mods on this. There IS a fix. The mods need to do more research and digging. This sucks for these recent keen posters.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Stay safe

Stay safe

@Ed404  LOL! Public Mobile the gift that just keeps on giving!

Ed404

@darlicious wrote:

of expression. I'm afraid @Ed404  will have to curtail his editing like he does his mobile data.

So basically this means I'll be posting more because editing is a no go now and in return I'll probably get a better community reward Smiley LOL

@computergeek541  I guess the secret cure dies with her. So tantalizingly close to freedom....

of expression. I'm afraid @Ed404  will have to curtail his editing like he does his mobile data, @iPhoneUser  will have to become more Android,  @PAULRANG18  will have to chime in with a little more than just a chorus and @DonForgo words at all and oh and I can't forget back from self imposed isolation @Jb456 simple as 123 no swearing for me and @darlicious should practice being more Dar than liciousnessnessness.......to avoid the humpty backed camels and chimpanzees....

@darlicious wrote:

@Ed404  tap on the link I sent earlier in this thread. But the only way I found to post in your unmoderated items is to screen shot and post that. Also the moderator I had the other day couldn't find a way to remove the block. I don't know if @Mary_M  still works here...if you do Mary please help cure us of this *poof* the magic dragon disappearing post bug!

All moderator duties were assigned to a different team back in April.  Mary is no longer with Public Mobile.

@Dunkgirl wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/premod/moderationitemspage/tab/rejected @Dunkgirl  OMG!!! I LOVE YOU!  Lol! I've heard about you.....thank goodness your back. This has been the bane of my existence here

I have a moderator working on something else for me so I'll ask about the cure when he gets back in touch. THANK YOU!!!!

@darlicious  Ooh I feel famous now. All good things I hope? Hehe thank you 🙂

There are a few other topics on this, here is one I just found doing a search looking for mine.

Send a message to the moderator team. No really. They will do something to your account to stop this from happening in the future. It's a part of their spam / autoflag system.

@Mary_M wrote:I'm really sorry to hear that some of your posts were filtered out and "disappeared". Rest assured that I can definitely look into this for you.

After locating your posts, I can see that they were in fact filtered out. This is an automatic feature that occurs when certain keywords trigger a "spam alert".. No worries, I have just removed the block and your posts should now be visible - you should also be able to post without an issue 🙂

Cheers,

Mary

After mary removed this "block" it never happened again

@Korth  So this fix will no longer work....they updated the software?

Moderator approval flag for all posts by all new users (or by users who've somehow inadvertently flagged the spam filters/profiles) is standard issue on many web forums. Apparently it's a feature Public Mobile has left on autopilot or has allowed Lithium/Khoros to update (change, break) for them.

I've posted enough things here which criticize PM or make PM look bad (or make PM's competitors look good) which still remain online, so I doubt it's active censorship. But I've also seen a few of my posts (full of happy praise for PM) mysteriously vanish forever, which convinces me that there is some sort of technical issue with the forum database/software.

@Ed404 wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@Ed404  @Jb456  My best workaround is to use the link. Screenshot the post and add it to a new post. The software doesn't read photos. They can't be edited either.

That's great and all, but I like my posts to just work.

@Ed404  Oh I absolutely agree but this seems to be my cross to bear on this site so I accept til it gets fixed. I can live with this one....losing rewards now thats a different story. You have to pick your battles this workaround doesnt hit you in the pocketbook.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire
Stay safe

Ed404

@darlicious wrote:

@Ed404  @Jb456  My best workaround is to use the link. Screenshot the post and add it to a new post. The software doesn't read photos. They can't be edited either.

That's great and all, but I like my posts to just work.

Ed404

@Jb456 wrote:

This is pretty stupid. I am getting it now to. Edited my post to change a spelling mistake and now post is gone. Like what's the point now to try to help others if the system just blocks your message until it gets approved? What in 24/48 hours? What a joke. Think mods would have more important things to do then approved messages on forums!

I'm betting that Public Mobile updated their artificial intelligence software to be more vigilante for spam and similar posts, but now it's just ruining our communication. I've only really noticed it this week and it has removed two of my posts today, I didn't even edit them. I think this should be brought up with @Alan_K because of its impact our communication.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Stay safe

Ed404

@darlicious wrote:

@Ed404  I already used it today when I was responding to the thread Re: Giving my son a xmas gift

The OP was asking about when the next promo would be and I said look in the announcements this morning....as I posted Tiana_V posted the flash sale and *poof* my post went to my unmoderated  items.

How do I post them from the approval link or do I just copy the contents because I tried that and it went right back in there afterwards.

Also a moderator got back to me on it and I received this message:

Public AI.png

@Ed404  I already used it today when I was responding to the thread Re: Giving my son a xmas gift

The OP was asking about when the next promo would be and I said look in the announcements this morning....as I posted Tiana_V posted the flash sale and *poof* my post went to my unmoderated  items.

@Ed404  Dude use the link....its you're only work around for now.

Ed404

@Dunkgirl Who fixed this problem for you and how?

@darlicious wrote:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/premod/moderationitemspage/tab/rejected @Dunkgirl  OMG!!! I LOVE YOU!  Lol! I've heard about you.....thank goodness your back. This has been the bane of my existence here

I have a moderator working on something else for me so I'll ask about the cure when he gets back in touch. THANK YOU!!!!

@Ed404  In the mean time check out my poorly copied link above for your *poof* post.....

@Ed404  Try the above link if it doesn't work because I quoted it go to original post.

@Ed404  tap on the link I sent earlier in this thread. But the only way I found to post in your unmoderated items is to screen shot and post that. Also the moderator I had the other day couldn't find a way to remove the block. I don't know if @Mary_M  still works here...if you do Mary please help cure us of this *poof* the magic dragon disappearing post bug!

Ed404

It deleted one of my replies and I didn't even edit it... Smiley Mad

@Ed404 wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@Ed404  I pretty much described it as my *poof* the magic dragon disappearing post bug that appears when editing or posting too quickly.  You're just lucky you get cured right away. You should see how many posts I have in there. You should save that link at least til they fix your account....ive saved it for others......like you.

Gotcha, I'll send a private message. I really like editing my messages Smiley LOL

@Ed404  Yes im looking forward to editing without fear. I have a tendency to write long posts which are a little more susceptible to this bug as well and very hard to recreate. Thats where i found some of those posts about rewards when you first joined the community in the magic link.

Ed404

@darlicious wrote:

@Ed404  I pretty much described it as my *poof* the magic dragon disappearing post bug that appears when editing or posting too quickly.  You're just lucky you get cured right away. You should see how many posts I have in there. You should save that link at least til they fix your account....ive saved it for others......like you.

Gotcha, I'll send a private message. I really like editing my messages Smiley LOL

Ed404

@Dunkgirl wrote:

You can contact the moderators and have them change it so this never happens to your account again. When I first joined I had the same problem, posted about it and was explained by default every account has posting limitations (for spam reason?) such as too many posts in a row, multiple edits quickly it will lock your posts. After contacting them, they told me my account was cleared and it would not happen anymore. If you contact them they will be able to do something that allows your account to edit unlimited times and post as much as you like as quickly as you can.

I will probably be contacting the moderators so this won't happen again. How do I describe this problem to them?

Thanks

@Dunkgirl  Well your famous now in my mind...i thought I was happy when if I remember correctly @oglat  hooked me up the link to my unmoderated  items page as a temporary pill to my self named....*poof* the magic dragon disappearing post bug....but you've actually led me to the cure!

Now my motley crew hampered by this rare bug will be able to leave our self imposed quarantine.

Calling @iPhoneUser  @Ed404  @DonForgo  @88cranston  @PAULRANG18  and @darlicious 

WE CAN ESCAPE....RUN FREE!!!  WE'RE FREE....RUN  RUN  RUN FREE!!!!

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@darlicious wrote:

@darlicious  Ooh I feel famous now. All good things I hope? Hehe thank you 🙂

There are a few other topics on this, here is one I just found doing a search looking for mine.

Send a message to the moderator team. No really. They will do something to your account to stop this from happening in the future. It's a part of their spam / autoflag system.

@Mary_M wrote:I'm really sorry to hear that some of your posts were filtered out and "disappeared". Rest assured that I can definitely look into this for you.

After locating your posts, I can see that they were in fact filtered out. This is an automatic feature that occurs when certain keywords trigger a "spam alert".. No worries, I have just removed the block and your posts should now be visible - you should also be able to post without an issue 🙂

Cheers,

Mary

After mary removed this "block" it never happened again

@Ed404  In the mean time check out my poorly copied link above for your *poof* post.....

Need Help? Let's chat.