cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"We were unable to transfer the number you entered"

Garry_Oak
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Transferring from a Koodoo prepaid account to PM, have followed all the steps and am unable to port my phone number. If I try I just get "We were unable to transfer the phone number you entered. Try one of the following options:

-  Make sure you entered your number correctly.
-  Select a new number.
-  Contact the Public Mobile Community for further assistance."

@CS_Agent

8 REPLIES 8

KM15

I just recieved a message from bell saying at my request my account was disactivate. 

Please confirm you were able to transfer my number ********** to Public Mobile. 

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello @Priorities,

If you go to this link (copy and paste it in your browser) https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help, you can log a ticket through SIMon with the details of your issue. A member of the Moderators Team will help you with all that you need. 

Best regard,

Moderators Team

Priorities

The link is not working...

@Psygineer wrote:

This might not be the case for you, but when I attempted to port my parent's landline to PM I had a similar error each time I tried until I realized that the old provider had their address as CRES. instead of Crescent like I was typing into PM's tool. Once I matched it exactly as it appeared on the previous provider's bill it went through fine. 

I do not believe that is the case here but it is a very important point. Thanks for sharing it.

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

This might not be the case for you, but when I attempted to port my parent's landline to PM I had a similar error each time I tried until I realized that the old provider had their address as CRES. instead of Crescent like I was typing into PM's tool. Once I matched it exactly as it appeared on the previous provider's bill it went through fine. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Garry_Oak

Kooda prepaid and PM prepaid are sharing the same backend server.  Therefore, you cannot use the normal number porting server to transfer a Koodo prepaid number to PM.  As suggested by others, send a private message to moderator for help.  Please note that moderator wait time is around 48 - 72 hours.

Gonzo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Unfortunately it looks like you will have to take option three, contact moderator team. Make sure to include as much of your account info as possible (PIN, account number, etc), as well as as many details with the problem as you can. Responses can be slow, so you don’t want to make it even slower with incomplete info. All the best with this.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Garry_Oak

For prepaid Koodo accounts, you will need to contact moderator to transfer/port number.  Koodo and Public mobile supposedly share the same back end.  Expect 3-5 day wait though.  Just use your Public Mobile account or Koodo line until transfer.  

send a private message through the following link :
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Include your phone number, account number and PIN.

Include your Koodo account number, account holder name and phone number.  

Need Help? Let's chat.