cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Unregistered SIM"

shaaa-lyn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Have been struggling with an "unregistered SIM." New customer to PM, transferring over from Telus. Have ensured that my phone is unlocked, and that it's compatable with the network. My old SIM (Telus) has been deactivated, which I assume is because my service (supposedly) switched over to PM. Since my PM SIM is "unregistered," I cannot send/receive phone calls/texts. Have tried everything I can think of to get it to work. I've sent a message to the moderators, but haven't gotten a response yet.

My PM account says that it's active, yet my phone still doesn't have service.

I'm working with a Samsung Galaxy S6.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

15 REPLIES 15

majabiera
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@shaaa-lyn wrote:

Okay thank you. I guess I will just wait to hear back from the moderators then. Thanks for your help.

Going through the same issue as you right now. About to submit a ticket and wondering if the moderators ended up sorting things out for you? Thanks!

shaaa-lyn

@geopublic wrote:

@shaaa-lyn  You are correct once your Telus sim stopped working it means that the port has competed. The issue is that your account was not provisioned properly on the Telus/Kood/PM network and needs to be resolved by the Telus Tech support team via a request from the moderator that is handling your case.

Okay thank you. I guess I will just wait to hear back from the moderators then. Thanks for your help.

@shaaa-lyn wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

Thanks for this suggestion! I compared it to my old Telus SIM. They're the same size, but the old one has a bit of a notch on each end, which my PM one doesn't have. Do you think that makes a difference?

No, because you phone is reading the SIM. The unregistered SIM message means that the PM network is not allowing the card to register on the network.

This makes sense to me - part of my struggle though is that my old Telus SIM was kicked off of that network, which I figure is because PM is porting my number over to the new SIM, and I can't have two SIMs active on the same number, correct? So shouldn't I have access to my new coverage, if they've deactivated my old coverage?

@shaaa-lyn  You are correct once your Telus sim stopped working it means that the port has competed. The issue is that your account was not provisioned properly on the Telus/Kood/PM network and needs to be resolved by the Telus Tech support team via a request from the moderator that is handling your case.

shaaa-lyn

@Brookebailey wrote:

I am having the same issue and tried to set up yesterday. Maybe it is a system issue? Telus phone as well.

Maybe. I tried to set mine up on Tuesday, and have had no service at all since yesterday morning. Waiting on a response from the moderators to get this sorted out!!

Brookebailey

I am having the same issue and tried to set up yesterday. Maybe it is a system issue? Telus phone as well.

shaaa-lyn

@geopublic wrote:

Thanks for this suggestion! I compared it to my old Telus SIM. They're the same size, but the old one has a bit of a notch on each end, which my PM one doesn't have. Do you think that makes a difference?

No, because you phone is reading the SIM. The unregistered SIM message means that the PM network is not allowing the card to register on the network.

This makes sense to me - part of my struggle though is that my old Telus SIM was kicked off of that network, which I figure is because PM is porting my number over to the new SIM, and I can't have two SIMs active on the same number, correct? So shouldn't I have access to my new coverage, if they've deactivated my old coverage?

@shaaa-lyn wrote:

@Dogbert wrote:

Some of the SIM cards are not completely clean when being popped out of its larger carrier card.  Make sure the edge is clean and carefully trim with a sharp knife as needed.  The carrier for the S6 and other phones are quite sensitive to the fit of the SIM, causing it to warp and not make good contact with the phone.

If you still have th old Telus SIM, you can stack the 2 and compare.

I've seen many SIM cards that need that bit of a trim after being popped out.  This is especially for older model Sony phones.

The new (PM) one seems to fit just perfectly in the tray, sits flush with the edges and doesn't look like it catches on anything.

shaaa-lyn

@Dogbert wrote:

Some of the SIM cards are not completely clean when being popped out of its larger carrier card.  Make sure the edge is clean and carefully trim with a sharp knife as needed.  The carrier for the S6 and other phones are quite sensitive to the fit of the SIM, causing it to warp and not make good contact with the phone.

I've seen many SIM cards that need that bit of a trim after being popped out.  This is especially for older model Sony phones.

The new (PM) one seems to fit just perfectly in the tray, sits flush with the edges and doesn't look like it catches on anything.

Dogbert
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@shaaa-lyn wrote:

Have been struggling with an "unregistered SIM." New customer to PM, transferring over from Telus. Have ensured that my phone is unlocked, and that it's compatable with the network. My old SIM (Telus) has been deactivated, which I assume is because my service (supposedly) switched over to PM. Since my PM SIM is "unregistered," I cannot send/receive phone calls/texts. Have tried everything I can think of to get it to work. I've sent a message to the moderators, but haven't gotten a response yet.

@shaaa-lyn wrote:

I sent them a message already, but I guess it's only been about 24 hours so far.

@shaaa-lyn  Response depends on volumes so hopefully it wont be too long. The mod will send you a link to verify your account so be on the lookout for the email/red dot once you verify they account they should be able to fix it fairly quickly. In the meantime keep power cycling your phone every couple of hours because with PM sometime things just start working.

shaaa-lyn

Thanks for your suggestions. I have tried each of them already, and restart my phone every couple of hours just to check.

shaaa-lyn

I sent them a message already, but I guess it's only been about 24 hours so far.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@shaaa-lyn wrote:

@shaaa-lyn  Unfortunately your account was not provisioned properly and that is why you are having this problem. This is an issue that only the moderator team can fix for you because they will have to check the account from their end.

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@shaaa-lyn wrote:

While waiting for moderator intervention..try cycling phone off / on.

Try the Lost / Stolen trick.

Try removing sim, wait a moment then reinstalling sim.

Let us know if anything works.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@shaaa-lynYou will need to talk to the Moderators to get you sorted out. Expect to hear from them up to 48 horus.

Need Help? Let's chat.