cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Unknown" numbers going straight to VM, all others ring

steff12321
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hello, 

I just signed up for PM earlier today, and the port went through successfully, about 4 hours ago. However, I am having issues receiving calls from numbers where the caller ID is blocked, or unknown. It rings once and then goes to voicemail, does not show up on my phone at all. 

Besides that, all calls that have caller ID on go through and I can speak with them perfectly. 

I did manage to restart my phone once and ONE call from unknown (testing from my Gmail account and Amazon Alexa calling) went through, but since then I have tried restarting my phone several times and still nothing. SMS and Data work fine, as well as outgoing/most incoming calls. 

Anyone know what's going on here? I did check my phone settings to make sure do not disturb is off as well as any blocks on my handset but it looks like the calls should be going through. Could it have something to do with the recent port-in of my number? Should I be concerned or just wait it out? 

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

steff12321
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@cavemantoronto Figured it out! It's because I use YouMail as my voicemail service, and despite the forwarding being disabled since I switched providers, it being the default Phone app continued to block unknown calls as per my settings (and plays a Number not in service message, but that was played after the call was forwarded to their #). I thought this was handled at the carrier level, but it seems like the blocking itsself was done at the phone level, and it ended up forwarding to my then-active Public Mobile voicemail. 

Thanks to everyone for the help 🙂 Everything has been working flawlessly so far with PM. 

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

I don't think this is a porting issue.  Why would only blocked number calls fail?  All incoming would fail with porting issue.

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@steff12321  I would give it another 24 hours, I know you may think its completed but there may still be some things happening in the backround, its only been 4 hours.

Hang tight, if after 24 hours the same issues are happening send a private message to the public mobile moderator team. Click this to message them.

Need Help? Let's chat.