cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Unable to Transfer Number" Error

gavinhee
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, 

I am trying to port over my 604 area code number and I am getting an error "We were unable to transfer the phone number you entered." I typed in the number without dashes or spaces. Can someone PM me on how to fix this? 

4 REPLIES 4

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@gavinhee wrote:

Hello, 

I am trying to port over my 604 area code number and I am getting an error "We were unable to transfer the phone number you entered." I typed in the number without dashes or spaces. Can someone PM me on how to fix this? 

@gavinhee  As already mentioned if your number was with Koodo prepaid you need to setup the port by submitting a ticket to the PM moderator team. Include your Koodo account number, name on the account and your koodo number.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking the icon below:

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

GR
Mayor / Maire

@gavinhee is it a prepaid Koodo by any chance? A few of the providers you need to ask a moderator to help you port it.  Just pick a new temporary number if you're activating now and then you can port your old number after. Don't cancel your old number account! 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Is the phone# still active with your other provider ?

If you are having trouble with your services, the next step is to contact a moderator. Here is the link to create a ticket through SIMon: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help   -> Click on Chat with Simon- on the line "ask me something" write "moderator" -> then click on "account specific question" -> afterward click on "no, I want a human" -> finally you will see an answer "submit a ticket Click me!"

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@gavinhee wrote:

Hello, 

Is the number currently active?  Did you say that you were authorised to move the number on the list of things that need to be done to port over a number?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.