cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oracle

Re: "Sign in to network / Public Mobile" notification

@mdking, from that picture it looks like you have used up your plan data but I do see the addon there.

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *
Mayor / Maire

@mdking wrote:

So, is the 'Amount Used' text telling me I've used all my data?

The data line(s) would look like those. The fact that you have neither tells me you've used all of your 12gb and that you didn't finish purchasing the 1gb add-on correctly.

Oracle

@mdking wrote:

Screen Shot 2019-03-14 at 10.34.17 PM.png

So it isn't showing any data here so to me it is saying that you have used it all up.  One of the weird things is that on one page it showed you had a data addon but not showing here. 

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *
Mayor / Maire

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@mdking wrote:

So it isn't showing any data here so to me it is saying that you have used it all up.  One of the weird things is that on one page it showed you had a data addon but not showing here. 

I agree it is weird. I've had the 200mb add-on and used it up. It no longer appeared on the overview but it did still appear on the other page. I trust the overview more.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

No, the 1 GB was purchased successfully. I know how to add money and then purchase something.

Screen Shot 2019-03-14 at 10.49.27 PM.png

Mayor / Maire

@mdking wrote:

No, the 1 GB was purchased successfully. I know how to add money and then purchase something.

Ah yes right. Then you used it up too.

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for everyone's help.

I don't find the wording on the account page very helpful. It would be nice if it gave data usage as a percent, or said 12 GB of 12 GB used.

I do see on my partner's account page a line indicating exactly how much data has been used and how much is remaining. Why don't they keep that line accessible and simply update the numbers to show that everything has been used up?

Mayor / Maire

@mdking wrote:

I don't find the wording on the account page very helpful. It would be nice if it gave data usage as a percent, or said 12 GB of 12 GB used.

I do see on my partner's account page a line indicating exactly how much data has been used and how much is remaining. Why don't they keep that line accessible and simply update the numbers to show that everything has been used up?

@mdking trust me, we feel your pain.  The community has been asking Public Mobile to change this since before I joined the community (in the fall of 2015).  There is no sign of this changing anytime soon, sadly.  The good news is that once you're aware how it works, it's pretty easy to tell how much data you've used when it's showing, and that you've used it all when it disappears.  The bad news is that this is not intuitive at all, and throws off just about everyone that runs into this situation. We see this a lot in the community.

@Alan_K @Brooke_C just reminding you that many years later, the used up data amount dispappearing from the Overview page continues. to. frustrate. everyone. Please, change this design.  The data included in your plan should continue to show until it's reset in your next renewal, regardless of whether you've used it up or not.  The data from add-ons is harder to figure out how to handle but I'd suggest leaving those visible at 1,024/1,024 MB used (or 200/200) until the next renewal date as well, and then clearing them then.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Mayor / Maire

@srlawren wrote:

The data included in your plan should continue to show until it's reset in your next renewal, regardless of whether you've used it up or not.  The data from add-ons is harder to figure out how to handle but I'd suggest leaving those visible at 1,024/1,024 MB used (or 200/200) until the next renewal date as well, and then clearing them then.

@srlawren 

I think I'm fine with the add-ons just disappearing from the overview. They're just add-ons. Why they still show up in the lower page I dunno.

I agree that plan data should show consumed/total all the time and of course resetting to zero at renewal.

Mayor / Maire

@z10user4 wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

The data included in your plan should continue to show until it's reset in your next renewal, regardless of whether you've used it up or not.  The data from add-ons is harder to figure out how to handle but I'd suggest leaving those visible at 1,024/1,024 MB used (or 200/200) until the next renewal date as well, and then clearing them then.

@srlawren 

I think I'm fine with the add-ons just disappearing from the overview. They're just add-ons. Why they still show up in the lower page I dunno.

I agree that plan data should show consumed/total all the time and of course resetting to zero at renewal.

@z10user4  yeah the plan data at the very least needs to stay till renewal. Maybe the add-on could stay for x days (7?) after used up, just so that peole can sign into to confirm when the data stops flowing that this was the reason.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.