Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Risk Free" Activation - costs $25

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

En français ci-dessous

UPDATED Oct/19   >>> Suggest you read this post to too.  <<<

!!!!DO NOT PORT-IN YOUR CURRENT PHONE NUMBER DURING ACTIVATION!!!!!

This is the 8th version of the original post to reflect PM's excellent track record resolving any issues with no financial loss to customers. Activation and port-in issues are buggy curfently. Our Moderators are very responsive to issues but can be overwhelmed during popular promotions (up to 7 days).

- If you only wish to confirm your phone will work on PM select the 30 day $15 calling/texting plan; the cost is $15 plus $10 for the SIM. It will also test your data connection when you send/receive picture messages; otherwise select the plan you want.

- when activating and creating your account use an email address that is different from your current carrier; a well known issue with Koodo/Telus and PCMobile but why risk it with anyone

- select a NEW number when activating; transfer your current phone number later once you know all is well; this is especially necessary when transferring a number from PC Mobile and Koodo

- during the activation process make a note of your phone number BEFORE making a payment; it's easier for PM to track you down that way

if activation fails ask the Community forum for assistance just in case there is something you can do

- a few days after activating, if all is well, log into your self serve account and request the port-in of your number. DO NOT close your old account until this completes

- whatever payment method you plan to use, make a payment ONLY once; if it fails do not try some other method and do not use AMEX initially

I know this will postpone the joy of sticking to your old carrier and only you can decide if this approach is the best for you.

I had no activation issues but later had accounting issues that were all completely repaired. As far as I can tell, except during popular promotions, when one should be prepared for aggravations, all activation/porting issues are resolved within, at most, a few days; it just takes patience.

In spite of the aggravations some people experience getting started or modifying their plans, I think you will find, as I have, that PM provides great value in a national carrier.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Ceci est la version française de l'utilisation de Google traduit.

MISE À JOUR Oct/19. >>> Suggérez-vous de lire ce post à trop. <<<

!!!! NON PORT-IN VOTRE NUMÉRO DE TÉLÉPHONE COURANT PENDANT L'ACTIVATION !!!!!

Il s'agit de la 8ème version du billet d'origine pour refléter l'excellent dossier de PM qui résout les problèmes sans perte financière pour les clients. Les problèmes d'activation et de port-in sont difficile. Nos modérateurs sont très sensibles aux problèmes, mais peuvent être dépassés lors des promotions populaires (2 - 7 jours).

- Si vous souhaitez seulement confirmer que votre téléphone fonctionnera en après-midi, sélectionnez le plan d'appel / SMS de 30 jours à 25 $; le coût est de 15 $ plus 10 $ pour la carte SIM. Il va également tester votre connexion de données lorsque vous envoyez / recevez des messages image; sinon, sélectionnez le plan que vous voulez.
- lors de l'activation et de la création de votre compte, utilisez une adresse e-mail différente de celle de votre opérateur actuel; Une question bien connue avec Koodo / Telus mais pourquoi risquer avec quelqu'un
- sélectionner un NOUVEAU numéro lors de l'activation; Transférez votre numéro de téléphone actuel plus tard une fois que vous savez que tout va bien; Ceci est particulièrement nécessaire lors du transfert d'un numéro de PC Mobile et Koodo
- pendant le processus d'activation, notez votre numéro de téléphone AVANT de faire un paiement; Il est plus facile pour PM de vous suivre de cette façon
- si l'activation échoue, demandez au forum communautaire de vous aider au cas où il y aurait quelque chose à faire
- quelques jours après l'activation, si tout va bien, connectez-vous à votre compte self-service et demandez le port-in de votre numéro. NE fermez PAS votre ancien compte jusqu'à ce que
- quel que soit le mode de paiement que vous envisagez d'utiliser, effectuez un paiement SEULEMENT une fois; Si elle échoue ne pas essayer une autre méthode et ne pas utiliser AMEX initialement

Je sais que cela va reporter la joie de coller à votre ancien transporteur et vous seul pouvez décider si cette approche est le meilleur pour vous.

Je n'avais pas de problèmes d'activation, mais plus tard, des problèmes de comptabilité ont été entièrement réparés. Autant que je sache, sauf pendant les promotions populaires, quand on doit être prêt pour les aggravations, tous les problèmes d'activation / de portage sont résolus au plus, quelques jours au plus; il suffit de patience.

En dépit des aggravations que certaines personnes éprouvent à commencer ou à modifier leurs plans, je pense que vous trouverez, comme je l'ai, que PM offre une grande valeur dans un transporteur national.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
15 REPLIES 15

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Bump

@Misiak87 What plan did you pick? I am wondering if you did choose a calling plan at all because the suggestion under this topic is to start with a text only plan.

Also have you emailed PM? That is not clear from your post.

Misiak87
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you. I've waited 48 hours and no response. How long does customer service take to respond?

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

No two people can have the same number. Your number, assuming that it's still yours, is being misrouted.

Send a web mail to customer assistance. Include your SIM number along with other personal identifiers, so that customer assistance won't need to ask you for that information.

Good luck!

Misiak87
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, I recently got my sim Activated. I can't text, but I can call?. When people call me back, someone other than me picks up...apparently PM gave me the same # as someone else..PLEASE HELP!

@lexcyn Thanks for updating us all. It's great to hear of a success given the problems of late.

Welcome aboard.

lexcyn
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Luddite

Success!

So after verifying the $10 plan worked fine, I disabled auto pay and added $120 + tax to my account. Once that was done, I swapped to the plan I wanted (90-day). I first verified that was working with the temp number. Once I knew it was working (data, phone, etc) I ported my Koodo number through self-serve. I included my account number and NOT the PIN. 

Took about 1 minute and the port was fully complete. I instantly got an e-mail from Koodo saying sorry to see you go.

Keep in mind I was never on Koodo prepaid, only postpaid monthly.

Thanks for all the help guys!! 🙂

@lexcyn Some folks have been experiencing problems modifying their accounts, so I would first pick your preferred 30 day plan with the current number. Ensure that is operating trouble free then try the port. Your old Koodo SIM will continue to function until the port completes. You will be missing out on a small portion of the 90 days savings; but if that is crucial you could activate a 90 day rather that 30 day plan before porting.

My port from Telus was "glitchless" but that was 2 months ago.

Please let everyone know how it goes.

lexcyn
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I attempted this today after being scared of all these horror stories I have been reading. I activated the $10 plan via Visa and everything went through fine. The e-mail I used previously was linked to Koodo but I removed it from my account prior to doing this.

I verified the text only service is working, including MMS.

I did notice there is now a message when asking if you want a new number or to port, that if you are porting a Koodo/PC or Telus number to start with a new number, then contact customer service after it's set up to port your number over.

Has anyone done this and then successfully ported their Koodo number over without issue? Or should I wait?

Just a post to keep it visible while @Moid_I 's post remains "Featured".

TroyDaBes
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

That's really a good way to see if it is going to work out or not. I'm really amazed with people's ideas on this community. Geat thinking about that. Hopefully, PM will be able to solve this problem. 

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Yup great way to test the service before actually going for great plans.

imm1304

I agree @deltatux.  I never called any of my previous mobile carriers' call centers over the last few years of being with Bell and Rogers and never visited their store either after the first visit.  So PM works out just fine for me.   Hopefully, new customers considering the switch to PM will make an informed decision after reading through these pages re the potential downside of an online-only mobile carrier.  

deltatux
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@imm1304 wrote:

Thank you @Luddite for continuing to make the effort to help the new customers.  Hopefully, the current problems will be get fixed soon.  

It is also worth noting that those who had trouble with activating new phone line, eventually all have been taken care of by the PM staff with helpful guidance from our PM Community members.  

Potential new customers should understand that it may take a day or two to fix some problems due to the nature of the company and the fact that it is still in beta phase.  

@imm1304, I think there needs a bit more awareness about the difference between a traditional carrier and a cooperative carrier model that Public Mobile is attempting in the market which is providing a no frills service on the TELUS network and that this means that the carrier does not operate call centres for the current market rates.

Public Mobile may not be for everyone, it's mainly for those who find themselves not using the call centre much and if they can save on that cost, they will but will have to understand that support will not be as fast and if there's a question that can be answered by the community, then that's great since we do have a community of very helpful members that can answer others quickly and the open nature ensures that incorrect information is corrected by other members unlike sometimes some call centre rep are plain wrong and no one can correct them.

imm1304

Thank you @Luddite for continuing to make the effort to help the new customers.  Hopefully, the current problems will be get fixed soon.  

It is also worth noting that those who had trouble with activating new phone line, eventually all have been taken care of by the PM staff with helpful guidance from our PM Community members.  

Potential new customers should understand that it may take a day or two to fix some problems due to the nature of the company and the fact that it is still in beta phase.  

Need Help? Let's chat.