cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"No service" after signing up

kithachoy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I just signed up but it is showing "No Service". I tried on an iPhone 7Plus and a Pixel 3XL and neither phone connected to the Public Mobile network. I've tried restarting the phones multiple times, removing and inserting the SIM...etc. but nothing seems to be working. There is no phone, txt or data service. Is the Public Mobile network just down right now, or so there anything else that needs to be done to get the simcard connected to the network?

11 REPLIES 11

kithachoy

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to follow-up and close this discussion. Contacted the admins and everything got fixed. Looks like they had some issues activating the sim card and just needed to give it some time. Thanks everyone

kithachoy

Thanks,

I submitted a ticket. In the meantime I tried the "lost phone" trick, but that didn't seem to fix it. Guess I'll sit tight and see what the moderators can do.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

@kithachoy wrote:

Sure. both phones are unlocked. The iPhone was previously on 7-11 Speakout. The Pixel is on Rogers. I don't have access to a cellphone that was on Telus. 

The phone is a new number (not ported over). I've tried resetting network settings already. It looks like my creditcard was charged. In the overview window it shows $2 credit from auto renewal, next payment April 7.

on the iPhone, when i go to settings, it shows it as Public Mobile (with carrier services, network selection....etc under it).

Under General/About it shows the Carrier as Public Mobile 40.0

@kithachoy 

It looks like account provision issue.  You will need to contact moderator as described in the previous posts.  

kithachoy

Account shows as active. Looks like it's a SIM activation issue. I'll contact a moderator and see if they can reset it.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@kithachoy wrote:

Sure. both phones are unlocked. The iPhone was previously on 7-11 Speakout. The Pixel is on Rogers. I don't have access to a cellphone that was on Telus. 

The phone is a new number (not ported over). I've tried resetting network settings already. It looks like my creditcard was charged. In the overview window it shows $2 credit from auto renewal, next payment April 7.

on the iPhone, when i go to settings, it shows it as Public Mobile (with carrier services, network selection....etc under it).

Your plan may not be provisioned correctly.  Adding $1 to your account may trigger PM server to provision your account again. 

If adding $1 does not fix the problem, try the lost/stolen phone trick as follows:

1. Login to your self-serve account.
2. Report your phone lost/stolen using [Plan and Add-Ons] --> [Lost/Stolen Phone]
3. Logoff
4. Wait 5 minutes and login again
5. Report your phone found.
6. Re-start you phone to provision your account again. i.e. enable all features of you plan again.

kithachoy

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@kithachoy wrote:

Hello,

I just signed up but it is showing "No Service". I tried on an iPhone 7Plus and a Pixel 3XL and neither phone connected to the Public Mobile network. I've tried restarting the phones multiple times, removing and inserting the SIM...etc. but nothing seems to be working. There is no phone, txt or data service. Is the Public Mobile network just down right now, or so there anything else that needs to be done to get the simcard connected to the network?

@kithachoy If you didn't port your number, your phones are unlocked, your card was charged, your account is active on self-service, and you still has no service, something went wrong. To solve the issue, contact moderators : click the "?" in lower right side of the page, type "contact moderator", and follow directions (give as much info as possible), OR send a message: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@kithachoy try these tricks to initialize your service.

1. Can you manually select PM as your network. And restart your phone.

2. Put your phone into aeroplane mode for 5 minutes.  Take it off and restart.

3. From within your self service account place your phone on lost /stolen, wait 5 minutes. Take it off and restart.

4. Try manually adding $1 to your account using one time payment select amount and restart.

If these tricks don't work contact a moderator and ask them to reset your SIM.  Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket)

@kithachoy wrote:

Hello,

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@kithachoy wrote:

Hello,

Login to your self-serve account.

If your account status is active, something went wrong with your activation.

Create a moderator support ticket for help using the ? button at the right side bottom corner of this page.

1. Tell SIMon what is the issue
2. Ask for "moderator"
3. SIMon will give your 2 choices. Click on the "Account-specific question"
4. Then, click on "No, I want a human"
5. Click "Submit a ticket"
6. Follow instruction to create support ticket.
Good luck

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@kithachoy 

More details may be helpful.  Did you activate a new number or port over a number from another mobile company?  Was your credit card charged?

Maybe try toggling airplane mode on, then off.  Network reset?

There was a PM data outage yesterday, but it was solved.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi @kithachoy 

Do you know if they are unlocked?

What is your status when you login to your selfservehttps://selfserve.publicmobile.ca 

Can you try in a phone that was already on Telus network

Welcome to pm

Need Help? Let's chat.