cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"No Service" or Moderator Response

OldManPrince
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Curious how long does it takes for moderators to respond to messages?

Here is some back story.

I thought I would give PM a try so I switched my cell number from Telus to PM and it ported over as soon as the SIM card was installed (yahoo).

So now I convinced my wife to switch her phone with a different outcome. We did get the text saying welcome (via wifi I’m thinking). Telus has released and disconnected their SIM. Now all we see is "No Service" for the last 48 hours.

I did the phone reboot w/ the SIM card in, then out. Switched the SIM cards between phones, just to confirm that her phone would pick up my SIM, it did (yes phones are the same, unlocked and compatible).

I even went out and purchased a second SIM card, thinking that maybe the first one was corrupted.

We toggle the lost/stolen phone button in her account, hoping to reboot the account, no luck.

3 hours after creating the account Private messages were sent to the moderators with no response. 

Sure would like to hear from the community.

20 REPLIES 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

@srlawren wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Maybe Alan_K's hands are tied from above. I'm sure just some admin assistant would filter it and it would probably never be seen by him but -> darren.entwistle@telus.com .

@Anonymous so far, I've found Alan to be fairly responsive and engaged, which has been refreshing.  Whether or not any real change can be effected here is another question of course, but I don't think it will get filtered out.  Let's give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

I agree about Alan_K. All good. Well...other than announcing recognition of system problems and updates thereof. 🙂

I was meaning the Telus CEO being filtered by staff.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous wrote:

Maybe Alan_K's hands are tied from above. I'm sure just some admin assistant would filter it and it would probably never be seen by him but -> darren.entwistle@telus.com .

@Anonymous so far, I've found Alan to be fairly responsive and engaged, which has been refreshing.  Whether or not any real change can be effected here is another question of course, but I don't think it will get filtered out.  Let's give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@srlawren wrote:

@OldManPrince wrote:

Well here is my update.

The moderators never ever did respond to my messages and I can see that they have been actively responding to public email strings. So I think that if they have that many problems to resolve then it is time to move on. 

Switch my wife’s service back. She is happy to have her phone back without losing her number (Whew....😅). Sadly I’m out the SIM card money and account activation fee. The house is clean though 🤣🤣🤣.

Cheers,

OMP

@Alan_K please see the above (bold added by me for emphasis).  The poor moderator response times are leading to people leaving the service.  Please fix this situation, as it is 100% unacceptable.  Thank you.

srlawren

@OldManPrince wrote:

Well here is my update.

The moderators never ever did respond to my messages and I can see that they have been actively responding to public email strings. So I think that if they have that many problems to resolve then it is time to move on. 

Switch my wife’s service back. She is happy to have her phone back without losing her number (Whew....😅). Sadly I’m out the SIM card money and account activation fee. The house is clean though 🤣🤣🤣.

Cheers,

OMP

@Alan_K please see the above (bold added by me for emphasis).  The poor moderator response times are leading to people leaving the service.  Please fix this situation, as it is 100% unacceptable.  Thank you.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Praful

This might or might not help but will be a good double check. When u ported did u give the correct phone number, correct account number of the line being ported, correct name of the account holder being ported.

Did u get old carrier sent u any notification via email or mail saying your phone number is deactivated?

Your phone after inserting public sim, what name does it show on top of notification area of phone or where you select mobile network?

It should say public mobile

Did you reset apn settings?

Did you try looking manually for network and selecting public mobile? Did it register successfully?

OldManPrince

Well here is my update.

Cheers,

OMP

mimmo

@OldManPrince  it sucks to be in doghouse with wife, I know from experience 🙂 .  I believe only mods can fix your issue as I think it's a provisioning error.

Failed  port would mean outgoing calls would work.

Telus sim being  canceled = sucsesful port

Your sim working in her phone = account issue. 

In your message to mods make sure you included the sim number

OldManPrince

I did use my wife’s email for her account, but my credit card. 🤷🏻‍♂️

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@OldManPrince wrote:

Here is some back story.

I thought I would give PM a try so I switched my cell number from Telus to PM and it ported over as soon as the SIM card was installed (yahoo).

So now I convinced my wife to switch her phone with a different outcome. We did get the text saying welcome (via wifi I’m thinking). Telus has released and disconnected their SIM. Now all we see is "No Service" for the last 48 hours.

I did the phone reboot w/ the SIM card in, then out. Switched the SIM cards between phones, just to confirm that her phone would pick up my SIM, it did (yes phones are the same, unlocked and compatible).

I even went out and purchased a second SIM card, thinking that maybe the first one was corrupted.

We toggle the lost/stolen phone button in her account, hoping to reboot the account, no luck.

3 hours after creating the account Private messages were sent to the moderators with no response. 

Did you use the same email address for both accounts ? In case you don't know...each account needs it's own email address. You can use same creedit card, but email needs to be different.
Keep us posted on how you make out. Good luck.

OldManPrince

Like the old saying goes "happy wife, happy life". Looks like I’m cleaning the house this weekend. 🤣🤣

@OldManPrince 

Hopefully, the wife is not too upset     Smiley Happy

Looks like an incomplete port.  You will need to wait for moderator response.  Moderators do work seven days per week, so hopefully, you will get response soon.

@OldManPrinceI would be reluctant to send so many messages as it might mess up the message queue to the Moderators.. It sucks but this is one the quirks of Public Mobile.. it is cheap for a reason. At this point I would suggest you go and enjoy the weekend and come back on Monday.

OldManPrince

Thanks everyone for your quick responses.

To answer a few questions within the previous posts;

1. I did try her SIM card in my phone and after searching the "No Service" came up 😢

2. The private Moderators messages were sent over the last 36 hours with the last one being 12 hours ago (total 6 different messages). 📨

3. Every time I walk by her phone I would reboot it. 👞 📱 

Cheers,

OMP

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@OldManPrince Sorry to hear about that. You have to wait for the moderator to reply regarding your SIM card. Hope thing work out soon!

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@OldManPrince wrote:

Here is some back story.

@OldManPrince Today response time is 10 - 12 hours. Keep restarting your phone every once in a while just in case it starts working. Hopefully you hear back from the moderator soon.

@OldManPrince 

Did you put your wife's sim card in your phone?  Did it work?  

MandyJ
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The response times all really depend on the volume of messages that the moderators are receiving at a given time. The site information states that it can take up to 48 hours to hear back, but sometimes when they are very busy it's more than this and sometimes it's just a few hours.

I have heard people suggest sending a follow up message asking for a status update if you haven't heard anything back after two days, but I'm not really sure whether that helps or not.

mojorising
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

It can take up to 48 hours depending on the volume. How long have you been waiting?

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@OldManPrinceCan be up to 48 hours depending on their work load.. sometimes quicker. My request was quite swift. It sounds like you have a provisioning problem.. only the Moderators can fix.

BTW the text of welcome from Public is not via wifi

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

I know it can be frustrating but if you wait the moderators will respond usually within 48 hours depending on workload.

Need Help? Let's chat.