cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Generic error" at sign up and now "invalid sim"

bpk2019
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am trying to sign up my mother in law with PM. We bought the sim card at an authorized retailer. I went through the sign up process. She wants to port her number. When I clicked submit, it took a long time and then game me a "generic error" message. Now, when I try to do the sign-up again, I get an "invalid sim" message when I enter the number. Nor can I log into the PM account I thought I had created for her before "generic error." Please help. She'd like to get on the $25 plan before it expires.

8 REPLIES 8

bpk2019

I agree. The odd thing is that the Fido sim still works perfectly. As mentioned, the PM sim only works for some (not all) texts. I've emailed the moderator team.

@bpk2019 wrote:

Still no luck. Everything seems to work except phone calls. When we try to phone her we get her old voice mail. When we try to call using her phone, we are warned that long distance charges may apply.

I would stop trying to activate your sim.  You say everything works but phone calls so sim card is already active. You can't activate it twice.  Can you get into self serve account?  If you can get in, try reporting your phone as lost/stolen and then as found. If that doesn't work, send private message to Moderator_Team.  Get your outgoing calls working before trying the number port.

bpk2019

Still no luck. Everything seems to work except phone calls. When we try to phone her we get her old voice mail. When we try to call using her phone, we are warned that long distance charges may apply.

bpk2019

Thank you for the replies. I'll give things a few hours and then check in tonight. Happy Friday everyone!

@bpk2019 

The port is still incomplete.  Wait up to 1-2 hours for porting from other mobile companies.  If landline or VOIP, it can take several days.  

If porting is not complete in a few hours, you may need to contact moderator. 

bpk2019

- The charge did go through on the credit card

- The new sim card works but she can't make or receive phone calls yet (although texting works).

- I still can't log in to the PM account I created for her.

- I received a message saying I had successfully referred a friend.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@bpk2019  Try using incognito/private browsing mode and see if it lets you activate again. If not wait an hour or so and try again.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@bpk2019 

Did the payment go through?  Check your credit card status.  Also, try to put the SIM card into your mom's phone to see whether it works.  

If the payment did not go through and SIM card did not work, you can try to activate SIM card again.  Wait about 30 min to one hour.  Maybe clear your cache, go to incognito mode or even try a different web browser.  Chrome incognito works well generally.  The PM website is finicky.  

Need Help? Let's chat.