cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Call Failed" when pressing the Voicemail button to access voicemail

CodyH
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi folks,

I recently ported my iPhone 7 to PM from TELUS and the port went very fast and smooth. I didn't think of testing my voicemail until I missed a call and needed to access voicemail to retrieve it. Unfortunately, the 'call voicemail' button must be set to a different retrieval number for TELUS, but I don't have any way to change it.

I found instructions on a Rogers website to dial *#5005*86# or something along those lines to view the current retrieval number (Maybe this is specific to Rogers?), but it didn't display any information. When I try pressing and holding 1 it also results in call failed.

I can still manually dial my number 1+########## and can access voicemail without any issues, but it would be nice if I could get the voicemail button to work.

Any suggestions are appreciated!

Cheers.

Solution below:

@NDesai

After some trial and error I finally understand what the instructions in your link were explaining. Thanks for the link!

Check Current Voicemail Retrieval Number

1. Click the Phone icon.
  2. Choose Keypad.
  3. Input  *#5005*86#.
  4. Press Call to show the status. 

Program New Voicemail Retrieval Number

1. Click the Phone icon.
  2. Choose Keypad.
  3. Input *5005*86*123#. <-- I replaced '123#' with 1+my phone number including area code
  4. Press Call to program the number.

Tags (0)

18 REPLIES 18

Do one or two reboot and wait another 5 mins and try again.

the Voicemail number usually got pushed by the network automatically, it just take time or a reboot

Anonymous
Not applicable

can you try it selecting the network to "3G ONLY"

for iPhone visit HERE 

or HERE 

for android visit HERE ,

if you still not working do one thing Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

and do rebooting your phone take your SIM card out and waiting for a 2 minute and put it back and turn on -This one is quick and simple.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

or can you do try reseat the SIM card

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. wipe it clean SIM card,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and do again Rebooting your phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

if you still not working you have to Submit a ticket to customer service by Moderator Team,

Only one way to solve your issue , explanation to customer service by Moderator Team

and the are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s how to contact customer service by Moderator Team,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click HERE to get started.
  • or you can send a private message to Moderator Team  by Click HERE
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, if you know it,
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,
  • explanation to them nice Team and nice service.

Good Luck

Kcbass

Just arrived in Canada and signed up to PM. (Nice subscription!). Having trouble reaching my Voice Mail directly from the msg I receive from PM (121). Auto-operator says "cannot make call as dialled". I picked up on the other method of dialling your own cell number and accessing from there which worked fine but I'd like to be able to go direct from the Voice Mail message, if possible... cheers!

Starshoot

I had the same issue. I just wanted to add to the solution.

After programming the new number, it will say "Sorry you cannot make this call, you do have enough minutes". However, end the call and then reuse your voicemail, then everything should work as intended.

Thanks for the solution!

LeSong
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thank you,

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hey @Crash2  I see you are posting the same "contact mods post" in multiple threads. 

Please:

• read the theads.  this one was "solved" over 5 hours ago, no need to contact the mods now  4-1/2 hours after the solution is posted. 
  • Also no need for the bold font.

Crash2

-*-*-*I recommend contacting the Moderator team which is actually Public Mobile support just click here to private message a Moderator - Just to set expectations it usually takes 24-48 hours for them to respond-*-*-*-

@srlawren, yes, i will need to do a lot of these.  Will have to clean out all my old no longer used, so I can manage them!

Good job @CodyH and thanks for sharing your solution!!! 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@stonechucker wrote:

Hi @CodyH, I'm trying to find the list of access numbers for Public Mobile, but I can't put my finger on it yet. 

@stonechucker for future reference, you may want to bookmark this URL:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/access-voice-mail-out-of-home...

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

CodyH

@NDesai

After some trial and error I finally understand what the instructions in your link were explaining. Thanks for the link!

Check Current Voicemail Retrieval Number

1. Click the Phone icon.
  2. Choose Keypad.
  3. Input  *#5005*86#.
  4. Press Call to show the status. 

Program New Voicemail Retrieval Number

1. Click the Phone icon.
  2. Choose Keypad.
  3. Input *5005*86*123#. <-- I replaced '123#' with 1+my phone number including area code

CodyH

@Alex888

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm not sure what the expected result is for this. I tried exactly what you entered, but nothing happens when I press call, and if I replace the # with my phone number, I get an automated voice that says " 'Talk' is not included in my plan ", which is very confusing considering I have unlimited nationwide minutes.

CodyH

@stonechuckerArea code is 506.

As mentioned in my post, I can access voicemail by manually dialing my own number, so it isn't a completely broken issue. I'm just trying to find out if I can restore functionality to my 'call voicemail' button.

CodyH

Unfortunately, those changeable settings don't exist with iPhone.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's interesting to me that settings like that didn't just flip over to here. I have a 2013 BB OS10 phone that used to be on Telus. I moved it over here and all those things changed automatically. VM, APN etc. I was all ready to go about changing them when oh...it's all done.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

Hi @CodyH, I'm trying to find the list of access numbers for Public Mobile, but I can't put my finger on it yet.  Can you tell us what area code your phone number is in, and maybe someone with the same area code can give you the number?

Also, you can access your voicemail by dialling your number, letting it go to voicemail, and pressing the * key when the greeting starts. (I think it's the *, might be the #)

For example, I'm in the 226 area code, and my access number is 226-580-4001.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

Try

1. Click the Phone icon.
  2. Choose Keypad.
  3. Input *5005*86*123#.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@CodyH Not sre about iPhone but Android phones allows you to set voicemail numbers from dailer settings so check the settings.

EDIT: It looks there is a different way to do that on iPhones. Through googling i found this:  https://support.roammobility.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001117583-How-to-program-your-voicemail-retrie...

"Program New Voicemail Retrieval Number

1. Click the Phone icon.
    2. Choose Keypad.
    3. Input *5005*86*123#.
    4. Press Call to program the number."

Need Help? Let's chat.