cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Account number is not valid" message when someone calls me

abasteris
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My plan is not new and everything was working fine before. I decided to port over a number I had been using for a couple years on Fongo (voip) to use that as my main phone number. Everything seemed to go fine with the process except I just realized some networks are having trouble reaching me, the call doesn't even ring, it just gives the message "Account number is not valid" over and over. Again, this doesn't happen to everyone, just some people.

5 REPLIES 5

pmmobile
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@abasteris  Yes, porting VOIP numbers take more time (1 week) and even porting regular cell phone numbers will not be able to receive calls until the port is completed (1-2 hours). However, porting numbers if it is accepting by the system allows users to make calls, and send and recieve texts most of the time.

ashhiscock
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It does take a little time for a VOIP number to be ported over. If you find after a few days that things are still not working correctly then I would suggest sending a message to the moderator. they will be able to let you know whats going on

abasteris
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you, will wait a few more days a to let at least one week pass since porting over.

Jackhyf63
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@abasteris 

I think you need contact a MOD with the link below. Provide as much information as possible.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@abasterisVOIP numbers takes a week or more to get ported. You just have to be patient.

Need Help? Let's chat.