cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

question on cell phone type and keeping existing phone number

tfsa
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I am interested in switching to Public Mobile, but I am not sure if my cell phone (Huawei Honour V20) is compatiable to Public Mobile 3G and 4G system?

also, I am currently with Fido, and I am wondering if I could keep my current phone number after switching to Public Mobile?

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@tfsa wrote:

Hello,

I am interested in switching to Public Mobile, but I am not sure if my cell phone (Huawei Honour V20) is compatiable to Public Mobile 3G and 4G system?

also, I am currently with Fido, and I am wondering if I could keep my current phone number after switching to Public Mobile?

Thank you

According to.this site here it should work 

https://www.devicespecifications.com/en/model/d3a34ea5

Any site that show specs can have errors. Could be more than one version of Honor V20.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@tfsa wrote:

Hello,

Thank you

@tfsa  If you have the EU version then it should work. If you have the CN version not sure. As for keeping you number the answer is yes. Just activate your PM sim card with a temp number and once everything is tested and you have created your selfserve online account then you just login pick the change phone number option and setup the port from Fido by supplying your Fido account number, name on the account and the Fido phone number.

Edit: Note that your FIDO account must remain active to be able to port out your number and will automatically close when the port completes.

tfsa
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Huawei Honour V20 is NOT on the list for phone compatibility check website

Need Help? Let's chat.