cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

puk

kevinmccaskie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

my new phone is asking for pin and i dont know where to find it.  i see that several people have asked the same question but no solution provided??

7 REPLIES 7

@kevinmccaskie  sim network unlock pin means your phone is locked to the provider that you got the phone from. (Bell,Rogers,etc)

You would have to contact that provider and ask for the unlock code.

If it's a Samsung phone you can go to Samsung Canada website and open a live chat with them for the code. Below is link for Samsung live chat.

https://chatbot.samsungcs-canada.com/chatbot?source=dotcom

kevinmccaskie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

SIM network unlock PIN

you then have a choice UNLOCK or DISMISS

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@kevinmccaskie it sounds like its locked to you previous provider, ask them to unlock it for you. You will need your imei number dial dial *#06# to get it.  If its a Samsung phone contact Samsung online and ask them to unlock it for you. Welcome to the community. Stay safe. 

tabi159w
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If you've entered your PIN incorrectly 3 times, you will be asked to provide a PUK. Is this the case for you?

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@kevinmccaskie 

Here is a post from @Luddite from another thread.

Oracle
Re: puk locked sim

@paulwooz What is the message?

The following should help to delineate the various PIN messages that can occur:

"SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK." is asking for the phone’s (often Samsung) “master code" after entering the wrong code too many times. As noted by @Triguy Samsung and/or your previous carrier can give you this.

"SIM network unlock PIN" is asking for your previous carrier's unlock code - just contact them with your IMEI and they'll give it to you. If you enter this incorrectly too many times, you'll get the error message above.

“PIN unlock key (PUK)” is a SIM-specific code used to prevent unauthorised use of a SIM card. 

The PIN (Personal Identification Number) enables secure access to the SIM card and network. It is provided with your SIM card. 

• If the PIN code is entered incorrectly 3 times, the phone is locked (except for emergency calls) and requires a PUK (Personal Unlock Key) to reactivate it.

• Once the PUK is recovered and validated, you will be asked to choose a new PIN.

• Only Public Mobile's moderators can give you this type of code, which the device manufacturer cannot. Public Mobile's moderators can be contacted by submitting a ticket at: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

• Caution! If the PUK is entered incorrectly ten times in a row, the SIM card becomes unusable.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. Je ne suis pas un moderateur.

Daps
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@kevinmccaskie wrote:

my new phone is asking for pin and i dont know where to find it.  i see that several people have asked the same question but no solution provided??

What is the exact on screen messsage?

PIN and PUK are different codes.

There are also different types of those codes. Any answer anyone gives you now would be a guess.

Need Help? Let's chat.