cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

possible simjack?

hud9925
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have been using public mobile for the past 2 years, I recently lost service and found out a different sim number than the one I have was linked to my account. I am unable to switch the sim number back to the one I own since its "already in use/invalid". I have set my account to "lost/stolen phone." Would this disable the user from using my plan? I have been using autopay, and its been paid for this month already. I have also ordered a new sim card. Would I need to create a new account and lose the loyalty/referral points I have accumulated? Please let me know what my next possible steps should be.  

3 REPLIES 3

@hud9925 

What you did was correct.  Suspend your account.  

You will not need to make a new account.  Just change your SIM card number in your self service account when you get your new SIM card.  Then report your phone found to re-activate.  When you contact moderator, sometimes they can restore your original SIM card number.  Not sure which would be faster.  

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@hud9925 , you will not lose any account rewards so long as you apply the new SIM card to the existing account.  Please secure your account as already instructed.  

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@hud9925 

Change your password on your self service account and check and secure all your financials. Change passwords on all other accounts such as email, etc.

Contact moderators and they can restore your services to your account.

Contact a Moderator (Public Mobile representative) for assistance.
  • Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

You will not lose referrals, loyalty, etc

When Are Moderators Available And How Long Till I Get A Response?

During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Moderators are available:

• Monday to Friday from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time.
  • Saturday and Sunday from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Need Help? Let's chat.