cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

porting

Elvin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I installed my new sim card before having my number ported and existing service cancelled. I have reinstalled the old sim card and now still have previous service. How can I rectify this situation .

9 REPLIES 9

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Elvin 

You will need to have the porting process reinitiated again. If the old SIM is cancelled and doesn’t work, you need to have them reinstated the service. 
Remember to leave the old SIM in the phone and wait for the SMS text to confirm that you are porting over to PM but you have 90 minutes to confirm.

@Triguy 

Thank you as I thought. I didn't want offer the telus porting department number if it was the other way around. So the OP asking Sasktel to reinitiate the port request will not help only pm customer support or the telus porting department can do that.

@Elvin 

If you need the telus porting department phone number just ask and it will be private messaged to you. Have your Sasktel account # handy if you call them. Then put your Sasktel SIM back in your phone and reply YES within 90 minutes of receiving the porting authorization text to complete the porting process.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Elvin wrote:

I installed my new sim card before having my number ported and existing service cancelled. I have reinstalled the old sim card and now still have previous service. How can I rectify this situation .

@Elvin 

Do you complete the Public Mobile SIM card activation...were you charged for it?

Activate here: https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/portal/activation

Porting can take place during this process.

Was this a landline or cell you wanted to port over?

If you just ported your phone number from another cell provider it could take a few hours to complete the port.

Using the other cell provider's SIM you should be still receiving calls on it, until the port completes.

Make sure you do not cancel your previous provider's services.

Incoming calls are usually the last to port over.

Leave the OLD provider SIM card in your phone to accept the PORT via SMS/text.

If you missed this 90 minute window, submit a ticket via this link to re-initiate the port:

Link to contact Customer Support Agents (CSA) for porting to Public Mobile

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@Triguy wrote:

You would need to contact SaskTel to reintiate the port request.

I think it's PM job to make the request for new customers.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Elvin 

Make sure that you have the old sim card in your phone when you're porting your number. You should get a message from your old carrier asking to confirm if you would like to port your number. Your reply should be: YES.

The confirmation message can take a few minutes to come in. You have 90 minutes from the time of request.

if are you stuck with Transferring your old Phone Number,

Here’s how to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click HERE
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your phone number,
  • which carrier,

Good luck and your welcome to Public Mobile

with a Beautiful Service

you will be very happy

@Elvin 

Did you reply YES to the PAT(porting authorization text) within 90 minutes of receiving it? If not then your port failed and you have to reinitiate your porting request either thru customer support or by calling the porting department.

Edit:

Did you port to pm or Sasktel?

You can contact the Telus porting department to reinitiate the port request.  I have sent you their phone number.

@darlicious They are porting from SaskTel.

Elvin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Porting from Sasktel to PM

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

It can take a few hours for the port.  Are you porting your phone# to PM or PM out to another provider ?

https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/number-transfer-port-troubleshooting

Need Help? Let's chat.