cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

porting

nasmus
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I am new to PM. I want to port my number from koodo to PM. 

9 REPLIES 9

glmmoula
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello There,

I have a KOODO postpaid number and can not port my number. My PM mobile sim card is already activated. Please give me some guideline.

Thanks

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@nasmus wrote:

Hi, 

My one is koodo prepaid, the ? button that you are referring to is not working. I have been trying since you suggested still no luck.  Every time I am hitting the button, it says the service is temporarily unavailable. Could you please help me with this or suggest me an alternate solution. Thank you  

You need to ask question "port koodo prepaid number". It will give you lots of info and ask you to submit a ticket.

@nasmus wrote:

Hi, 

My one is koodo prepaid, the ? button that you are referring to is not working. I have been trying since you suggested still no luck.  Every time I am hitting the button, it says the service is temporarily unavailable. Could you please help me with this or suggest me an alternate solution. Thank you  

You can contact Moderator_Team by clicking on this link:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

This method might take a little longer for things to get done.

nasmus
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, 

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@nasmus wrote:

Hi, I am new to PM. I want to port my number from koodo to PM. 

If Koodo Postpaid, no need to go to moderators. Go into self serve and go to chaning phone number option.  Use your name and Koodo account number in porting request form.  If it's Koodo Prepaid, use the steps for making a ticket shown by others.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Costello_P  @Violette_M  Hi I don't see any oracles can one of you edit @nasmus  number from their post?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@nasmus 

This forum is open to everyone.  Remove your phone number from your post before starting getting spam calls.

If you have a Koodo prepaid number, you need to create a moderator support ticket using the ? button at the lower right hand corner.  Moderator wait time is upto 2 days.

If you are porting from Koodo postpaid, login to your self-serve account.  Select [Plan and Add-Ons]--> [Change Phone Number] --> [Transfer a wireless or wireline number ] to port your number.

Number porting is a 2 stage process:
Stage 1. PM set up your old number on your PM account. Login to your account. Select the [Plan and Add-Ons] tab. Is your old number showing on the [Plan and Add-Ons] display?
If yes, PM has done its work to setup your old number for you to call out, send text and data.
If no, you should create a support ticket for moderator to investigate. Moderator wait time is 2 - 3 days.

Stage 2. Now, you are waiting for your old provider to release you number to PM. Not until your old provider release your number, all the incoming calls and texts will continue to go to your old provider.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@nasmus wrote:

Hi, I am new to PM. I want to port my number (xxxxxxxxxx) from koodo to PM. 

Hi, Is it prepaid or postpaid?

Please go to the 3 dots on the top right and edit out your number.

Need Help? Let's chat.