cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

porting the number

boreboy1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

We have tried to port my number but it is not working. Any ideas how to make this happen 

15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@softech : OP is kinda dependent on context. Original Poster can be the person that started a thread _or_ that added their own new question in a thread. Original Post is the post itself at either location. Just fyi. 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@softech 

me too .. , but for new "comer" customer they have to Search all content and then getting direct answer.

@Anonymous 

For myself..  , i usually post the direct answer for new "comer"..  Sometimes, there are too many posts for them to go back and read and understand them all.    🙂 

@Anonymous   , he is not the OP..  he just tagged on an old post

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jjrasokas 

Do you do what I suggest to you in my original posting !

@jjrasokas  messaged you the number.  Check your community inbox (envelope icon on the top right)

yes, you need the OLD sim in a phone to receive the SMS confirming you are leaving.  you need to reply YES within 90 mins

jjrasokas

Porting in... Yes I left my SIM in the phone and have not received anything yet.  And I know my service is still good because they billed me yesterday for another month.

are you porting INTO PM?  

If so... First, can you make outgoing calls?  you should

Incoming calls are not working and the account with your old provider still active?  If so, don't do anything with the old provider.

I will message you a number to call PM to re-trigger the porting process (hopefully not too late.. but you call that number and they will advise the status)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jjrasokas : Coming in? Or going out?

If in, then you needed to leave your SIM in from the previous provider to wait for a confirmation text. If you didn't then you'll need to contact the moderators to re-start the port. Is your old service still working?

If out, then you'll need to talk to the new provider for help. Same rules apply.

jjrasokas

Good Afternoon,

I started my porting process 6 days ago and have yet to see a text on my phone.  Is there something more I need to do?  No one from Telus of PM has contacted me about it.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

@boreboy1 wrote:

We have tried to port my number but it is not working. Any ideas how to make this happen 

Could you please provide steps you did in order to port your number to PM.

As other mentioned, when you request porting on PM, you have to leave your old SIM in your phone in order to receive SMS from your Previous carrier and answer YES within 90 minutes.

If you miss that than there are other ways to accomplish porting.

Let us know what did you do so far...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Make sure that you have the old sim card in your phone when you're porting your phone. You should get a message from your old carrier asking to confirm if you would like to port your number. Your reply should be: YES. 

The confirmation message can take a few minutes to come in. You have 90 minutes from the time of request. 

If you need more help with teleporting your phone number, call x for assistance. It is Telus teleporting support number, which is public mobile's parent company. They will help you and answer any more questions that you may have. 

for more info Transferring Or Changing Your Phone Number visit  HERE ,

or

Number Transfer (Port) Troubleshooting, Click HERE 

or

Choosing Or Transferring A Phone Number During Activation, Click HERE 

Good luck and your welcome to Public Mobile

with a Beautiful Service

you will be very happy

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@boreboy1 wrote:

Hello @boreboy1 ,

At what point are you having an issue? What have you tried to do to this point?

If you just ported your phone number from another cell provider it could take a few hours to complete the port. Using the other cell provider's SIM you should be still receiving calls on it, until the port completes.

If you ported from a landline it could take up to 7 days to complete.

Make sure you do not cancel your previous provider's services.

Incoming calls are usually the last to port over.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@boreboy1 

Did you leave the old SIM in the phone and replied with a YES that you are porting over? You have 90 minutes to reply or the porting will not be completed.

Then power off the phone and  swap the SIM with the PM SIM.

You will need to contact a moderator if you missed any of these steps by clicking on the SIMon chat button and ask to contact a moderator to complete your porting.

@boreboy1 wrote:

Are you porting from another cellular provider? A mesaage that needs your reply is sent to the through the carrier of your old service. To receive that text mesaage, your old carrier's SIM card needs to be in your phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.