cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

porting problem- cannot receive any incoming calls

publicy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

2 problems:

1, I transferred my fido cell phone # to public mobile at 5pm Dec 1, 2019. But until 9:48pm, I still can't receive any incoming calls.

2, I never turn my cell phone option of "mobile data" on, but the data usage shows 600k has been used. 

4 REPLIES 4

@KKCC wrote:

I believe it was the setted up issue, I do not know where did you do it , if you convenient, go back to store where you did. If you unable to go back, then sign in to your online account ,sent community ‘s message, there will be some one to check and fix your problem, good lucks!

Retail locations are not a point of customer support for Public Mobile customers. They cannot fix a porting issue. They could potentially call in to have someone look at the porting issue, but so could the customer from home, or the moderators could do same for the customer using the normal ticketing process. I don't see a reason to for the customer to make a trip back to the store.

KKCC
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I believe it was the setted up issue, I do not know where did you do it , if you convenient, go back to store where you did. If you unable to go back, then sign in to your online account ,sent community ‘s message, there will be some one to check and fix your problem, good lucks!

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@publicy 

The port from Fido should usually be completed in a couple of hours.  Maybe wait until morning and if port is not completed, you will need to contact moderator.  Moderators are not working right now anyways.  

Click on the question mark on the right lower corner of website to start ticketing process to contact moderator.  Type: Contact moderator. Follow the prompts to submit ticket.  

There is sometimes leakage of data when you activate a plan or phone.  

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@publicy wrote:

2 problems:

1, I transferred my fido cell phone # to public mobile at 5pm Dec 1, 2019. But until 9:48pm, I still can't receive any incoming calls.

2, I never turn my cell phone option of "mobile data" on, but the data usage shows 600k has been used. 

Use Fido sim receive calls.  Get your Fido account number and open a ticket clicking the question mark and type in talk to rep.

Need Help? Let's chat.