cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

porting over my old phone number

dvomacka
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hey there, I just signed up for public mobile and I am currently waiting for my phone number to be ported over, do I have to cancel my old service provider before they can port it over or do I wait until it is done?

8 REPLIES 8

shine94

everything is done automatically. The old sim will stop working, then you put in your new sim and it will get activated

@PascalBrou wrote:

can you post the procedure to port an old phone number to the existing public mobile account

Your old number must be active. 
To complete your port-in request, please open our chatbot via this link and type in “port request” to be put in touch with a Moderator. 

PascalBrou

can you post the procedure to port an old phone number to the existing public mobile account

@dvomacka if you have any questions reach out to the community and plenty of people are willing to help in record times. 

dvomacka

woohoo! thanks for the super support!  I feel good already switching over! 

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@dvomacka wrote:

hey there, I just signed up for public mobile and I am currently waiting for my phone number to be ported over, do I have to cancel my old service provider before they can port it over or do I wait until it is done?

Your port should finish in a few hours. Once the number has ported remember to restart your phone in order for all the network settings to reset on your phone. You can check your previous provider as soon as that account is closed which will happen automatically, is usually a good sign the port has completed. 

You can check in on your self serve account as well to see if it is active, although that does not necessarily mean it is complete. 

Welcome to public mobile!

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@dvomacka wrote:

Once the port is completed and your PM phone is working, your old account is closed automatically. Don't close it yourself.

Welcome aboard.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

Your account will be closed automatically once your number is ported over. Do not close your account or your number will not port over.

Need Help? Let's chat.