cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

porting numbers

dcmlfrog
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi Everyone

I have two lines with my current carrier. Can I port both lines to PM? I somehow remember that PM only allows one line under each account, which is fine to me as my wife is acctually using the other line. However, is porting the number from my previous carrier (also under my name) to my wife new PM account would be OK?

Thx

6 REPLIES 6

@Sacredweed 

Please remove your personal information from this public forum.

You will need to try to port your number by yourself via the self service account.

Here is the help article on that process:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/choose-your-phone-number

If you have further question, just ask.  It might be a better idea to start your own thread though.  

Sacredweed
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

That would be fine as long as it's one ported number per account.

Don't forget to use a referral code if you have one. And FOR SURE, use your own when you set up the second account. You'll find it here immediately after signing up the first account.

refercode.PNG

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Public Mobile is set up to only allow a single line per account.  However, you can port both your existing numbers into each of the accounts you set up here.  The receiving and sending account do not have to have the same owner.  When you port the number, you supply the name of the owner for the sending account and check that owner is authorized to complete the port.  This is a digital CYA so to speak to confirm that verification has been given to Public Mobile to go ahead with the port.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Yes, you need one account and one email address for each of you. Best advice is to set up a new number first and then when everything is working, port the number over to PM. 

ALSO make sure you port the correct number to the correct account. It's easy to get confused.

changenumber1.PNG

Plans and addons --> Change Number

Need Help? Let's chat.