cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

porting number, text not working

melchen2001
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just bought a new sim card from Walmart and got set up in store. When I port my number from speakout to public mobile, only calls can go through. I can text anyone or receive any text. Sent two messages to moderator team, but no response. 

9 REPLIES 9

Jackhyf63
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@melchen2001 Welcome to public Mobile!

melchen2001

thanks to all of you. Porting is complete now. 

duffer900

@melchen2001 wrote:

I just bought a new sim card from Walmart and got set up in store. When I port my number from speakout to public mobile, only calls can go through. I can text anyone or receive any text. Sent two messages to moderator team, but no response. 

Is it an iPhone? If it is, perhaps try turning off iMessage. Sometimes iMessage and FaceTime can take longer to be activated by the carrier. 

Jackhyf63

@melchen2001 

Send a private message to the Moderator_Team with your account details and they will look into your porting status. If something went wrong, they will correct it. 

RobP1978

It may take a little time...have you tried resetting your phone?

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@melchen2001 wrote:

@melchen2001  That's normal because the port is not 100% completed. You will get a text message from PM when the port is complete. Are you on the new $15.00 plan by any chance? If yes, maybe that is why you can't currently send texts.

If you still want to be able to recieve calls just use the old SO sim until it stops working. Once it stops then start using the PM sim.

If the port is not complete within the next 5 hours. You should contact Public Mobile click here. The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm(Eastern).

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

@melchen2001  You should see the $10 in your account within 72 hours. Try your old SIM and see if it still works, if it does then the port is not complete, if it doesn't work then the port is stuck. The moderators can take a couple of days to respond.

@melchen2001 wrote:

Also, I used a friend's number as referral, but didn't see $10 credit on my account. When the credit will appear?

@melchen2001  Don't worry that will show up in the next coule of days. If it doesn't then you just need to let the moderators know and they will fix it for you.

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm(Eastern).

melchen2001

Also, I used a friend's number as referral, but didn't see $10 credit on my account. When the credit will appear?

Need Help? Let's chat.