cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

porting number from voip service

cweiss
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I created a ticket last week to have a number ported from a VOIP service but I received an email saying the case was closed, even though the number has not yet been ported.  Can I set up a time to speak to someone over the phone to figure this out?  This number is a work number so it really can't be delayed.  Thank you.

Carmen

6 REPLIES 6

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@cweiss   Please don't post any personal information requested by the moderator team to this thread instead send the relevant information privately through this link: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

If the above link doesn't work click on the ? mark bottom right of your post to submit a ticket to moderators.

@cweiss  VOIP and landlines take s long time because those providers need the extra time to release the number. Who is your VOIP provider? Maybe give them a call and ask them if there is anyway they can release the number sooner rather than later.

Kim1971kim
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I think they only have a moderator but you can try contacting them

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@cweiss wrote:

Hi, I created a ticket last week to have a number ported from a VOIP service but I received an email saying the case was closed, even though the number has not yet been ported.  Can I set up a time to speak to someone over the phone to figure this out?  This number is a work number so it really can't be delayed.  Thank you.

Carmen

Unfortunately, there is nobody to speaak to on the phone about this. PM is a DIY type of provider...hence the cheap prices.

A voip number port can take several days to be successful. You can click on the ? in lower right side of screen to start process of contacting a moderator.

cweiss
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Oh wow, that's really long.  It would be helpful if someone would have told me that!  I guess I'll have to wait another week and then see.  Thank you for the response. 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@cweiss 

Porting from VOIP can take 1-2 weeks to be completed.  If you have already waited that time period, you may need to contact moderator again.  

Edit:

There is no call centre for PM, but for porting issues, some people have had success calling the Telus porting team (same company umbrella)

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Get-your-PORT-ISSUES-FIXED-BY-LIVE-AGENT-...

Need Help? Let's chat.