cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

porting number from Bell to PM

Joanna_95
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello! I am thinking of changing my phone provider. I am currently on a phone contract with Bell media until December 20. Can I switch to public mobile before December 18 so that I can take advantage of the black friday deals? What is the process like? Do I just need to inform bell about this transfer? How do I port my number from bell to PM?

10 REPLIES 10

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@Joanna_95 

Welcome to the community forums! You're always welcome to participate and help out others. You may earn a reward at the end of each month to reduce your bill.

Public_Mobile_-_Knowledge_Base_Articles_Overhaul_DESIGN-Image3_C_Aug7.png

Start with the below link on how to navigate the forums.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Community/How-to-Navigate-the-Community/m-p/609974

Then start playing around in your self serve account to learn where everything is. Click this for that click this for this.

Then do the same in the help articles. Read this, read that, here this will help you for the potential person asking.

After that start reading posts on the forums of people's questions and see how members respond to them. Remember detailed informative posts are best.

Now you should start feeling comfortable with everything. So hop on the forums when you have free time and start answering people's questions when new question's are posted. 

For your effort at the end of each month you may just earn a reward between $1 to $15 dollars. $20 is reserved for Oracle's. 

Enjoy!

@Joanna_95  I sent one to your private inbox. The envelope at top is your inbox.

Within 72 hours of activating you'll get the $10 credit

Joanna_95

Thank you!!! What a great community!

Joanna_95

Thank you!!

Joanna_95

Amazing!!! Thank you so much! How do I recieve the referral code?

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@Joanna_95  get all prepared so when you're ready it will be easy peasy.

1 - Buy a public mobile sim card. Canadian Cell Supplies currently has them for $3 they ship fast and if you're in Toronto area you can pick it up.

https://canadiancellsupplies.com/

2- Day you want to activate you can do it all at home by going to this link below.

https://activate.publicmobile.ca/

If you run into issues you can use this link below to talk to a real live person. It is only for activations.

https://chat.telus.com/chat/publicmobile/chat-pm.html?portal=publicmobile&language=en

3- Keep your Bell sim card in as they might send a port protection text to confirm you're the one porting your number and you have to reply back to the text.

4- ensure your phone is unlocked.

Welcome to the savings!

@mimmo  I like your ending 😝

softech
Oracle
Oracle

hi, you can setup the account now.. no need to port the number over at the moment if you choose not to... PM will give you a new number for now

when you are done with Bell.. then you port the number over

if you change you mind before you port the number.. just cancel PM anytime.. no obligation.

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@Joanna_95 wrote:

Hello! I am thinking of changing my phone provider. I am currently on a phone contract with Bell media until December 20. Can I switch to public mobile before December 18 so that I can take advantage of the black friday deals? What is the process like? Do I just need to inform bell about this transfer? How do I port my number from bell to PM?

Hi @Joanna_95 yes that is actually ideal. 

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here before December 4, 2020, 11:59PM ET.
  2. Receive a confirmation message that the email address you’ve submitted is now eligible for the offer.
  3. Activate on an eligible plan online before December 18, 2020, 11:59PM ET to redeem this offer.

Submit your email now.  Buy your Public Mobile at canadiancellsupplies.com.  They have PM sim cards for $3 and delivery is 2-3 even faster.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

You can port during activation. All you need is your bell account number, your account name and number being ported.

Call bell and see what the penalty is for ending early.  Probably not much.

Also when porting keep your bell sim in untill the Port is complete you will probably get a sms from bell asking you to confirm the Port.  Or sometimes from PM if there are issues.

Remember to use a referral code to get a bonus $10 account credit.

@Joanna_95 wrote:

Unless there is a port out lock your Bell account, you should not be talking to them about porting out.  You're allowed to port any time you like, but you will be responsible for any monies that you owe your old carrier. You can port in during the activation process. Use your Bell (Mobility?) account number, but do not use your Bell Mobility account PIN or the IMEI.

Need Help? Let's chat.