cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

porting my number from another provider

dariakora
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I received a call to verify further account details regarding my old provider;  How to I contact the private moderator?

6 REPLIES 6

@ddufour wrote:

My Experience is that its your old provider who needs to permit the transfer.....if you are at the Public Mobile site transfering the number and nothing is happening...it is more than likely your old provider has to magicaly release it first....For sure was the case with Bell....as well as the old provider has to release their SIM Card...before Public Mobile SIM will work

When on the Public Mobile self serve site, the number porting option will allow a port request even if you submit incrorect informaton for the old carrier. Public Mobilie does not immedaitely know if the old carrier will approve or reject the request.  In addition, the "success" message on the self serve site is not an indication of number port completion. It only means that Public Mobile has change the number assigned to your account. The actual phone number transfer doesn't occur until later, and the request can still fail even after Public Mobile's self serve site tells you that things are done.

ddufour
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My Experience is that its your old provider who needs to permit the transfer.....if you are at the Public Mobile site transfering the number and nothing is happening...it is more than likely your old provider has to magicaly release it first....For sure was the case with Bell....as well as the old provider has to release their SIM Card...before Public Mobile SIM will work

dariakora

Thank you.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@dariakora wrote:

I received a call to verify further account details regarding my old provider;  How to I contact the private moderator?

@dariakora To contact moderators who can help, click the "?" in lower right side of the page, type "contact moderator", and follow directions, OR send a message: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@dariakora wrote:

Create a moderator support ticket for help using the ? button at the right side bottom corner of this page.

1. Tell SIMon what is the issue
2. Ask for "moderator"
3. SIMon will give your 2 choices. Click on the "Account-specific question"
4. Then, click on "No, I want a human"
5. Click "Submit a ticket"
6. Follow instruction to create support ticket.
Good luck.

FallenAngel

I just had the same issue. I copied the below link from a different thread I found.

Click here to send them a private message.

They will ask you to verify your identity then tell you what info they need in order to help you 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.