cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

porting from Petro Mobility

kfox203
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

New to PM, I just activated and put fourth a port # request from Petro Mobility.... I entered my Petro Mobility phone # as my account number, as well as the IEMI # and Petro PiN #.   Then I heard that I should have left the account # section blank....I'm I now going to have problems with the port?

11 REPLIES 11

noemia
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@popping wrote:

@noemia wrote:

How long did the port take?  I am planning to move from Petro as well.

Ztar Mobile is the manager for the 7-11 Speakout and Petro-Canada Mobility. Porting Petro-Canada Mobililty and Speakout are the same.  Make sure that your Petro-Canada Mobililty account is active.  If not, add fund to your Petro-Canada Mobililty account before porting.

Read my post on how I port my Speakout number to PM in 4 hours without moderator assistant.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Porting-number-from-Speakout-Apply-al...

Appreciate the helpful reply.  I had no idea that Speakout was the same as Petrocan.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@noemia wrote:

Ztar Mobile is the manager for the 7-11 Speakout and Petro-Canada Mobility. Porting Petro-Canada Mobililty and Speakout are the same.  Make sure that your Petro-Canada Mobililty account is active.  If not, add fund to your Petro-Canada Mobililty account before porting.

Read my post on how I port my Speakout number to PM in 4 hours without moderator assistant.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Porting-number-from-Speakout-Apply-al...

@noemia wrote:

I suggest you read the rest of this thread, and/or do a search on these forums for other threads involving Petro Canada Mobility..... I'm fairly sure I've seen some mention of that info here before.

Having said that, and not personally knowing, I would suspect it shouldn't take significantly longer than porting from any other provider, since Petro runs on the Rogers network.

Something that has been suggested here many times, though, is that you should open a PM account, and take a new number here, all while leaving your Petro account active. Once you have your PM service running correctly, THEN go into your self-serve account, and use the transfer number function to port your previous number in to PM. That way you still have a fully functioning phone service until such time as the number port completes, and once that's done, your Peto account will be closed, and your previous number will be active on PM.

noemia
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@kfox203 

@kfox203 wrote:

@kfox203 wrote:

New to PM, I just activated and put fourth a port # request from Petro Mobility.... I entered my Petro Mobility phone # as my account number, as well as the IEMI # and Petro PiN #.   Then I heard that I should have left the account # section blank....I'm I now going to have problems with the port?

The port was successful after using Petro Mobilty phone # as account #, along with eimi and Petro PIN. Thanks to everyone who pitched in with advice!

[Self solution accepted ....... Luddite]

@kfox203 wrote:

@kfox203 wrote:

The port was successful after using Petro Mobilty phone # as account #, along with eimi and Petro PIN. Thanks to everyone who pitched in with advice!

@kfox203  The reason it worked was because you included the PIN and/or the IMEI. Petro Mobility does not use account numbers so if that was the only info you supplied it would have probably failed.

kfox203
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@kfox203 wrote:

@popping  thanks didn't check if it worked!

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@darlicious wrote:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Porting-number-from-Speakout-Apply-al... @kfox203  read about how @popping ported her number from speak out...pretty much the same as petrocanada  at the above link. This may help you.

Correct URL link

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Porting-number-from-Speakout-Apply-al... @kfox203  read about how @popping ported her number from speak out...pretty much the same as petrocanada  at the above link. This may help you.

@Jb456 wrote:

If I'm not mistaken. The account number is your phone number with Petro Mobile. I ported mine from Petro but it was a few years ago so can't remember.

After you submitted the poet request? Did you receive any error or did it submit successful?

Did you get any text message from Public? 

A successful message on the self-serve screen says nothing about the access success of a port. That message only indicates that Public Mobile has received the request and that the number has been assigned to the Public Mobile account. It does not mean that porting is complete.

When submitting a port request, the self serve computer is not checking if the old carrier has approved the request. That is not instant. A customer could put in some baloney such as 1234567 as the old carrrier's account number and Public Mobile's self serve screen would still give a "successful" message.

Personally, I would not have used account number at all. If the phone number were actually considered to be a valid account number, ports would be approved by Ztar with customers simply using the phone number during porting and nothing else. That doesn't happen and the such a port request would be rejected by Petro Canada.

When porting, more information often is not better. It's actually usually worse because there's more potential for an error somewhere.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

If I'm not mistaken. The account number is your phone number with Petro Mobile. I ported mine from Petro but it was a few years ago so can't remember.

After you submitted the poet request? Did you receive any error or did it submit successful?

Did you get any text message from Public? 

Need Help? Let's chat.