cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

porting from Ooma

rikkumog
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am trying to port my service over from Ooma & just missed a phonecall from Public Mobile asking me to connect with a moderator so I can provide the name of the 'reseller'.  I'm not sure who the 'reseller' is.  Would that be London Drugs, which is where I signed up for the Public Mobile plan?  If so, can a moderator input that into the system, so that the port request can be executed?  This is my first time using the 'community' so not entirely sure if I'm writing on the correct board in order to get a moderator's attention.  Also, my family has several lines with public mobile & I may have used the email address associated with a phone I don't wan't to port when I signed up for community.  Sorry if this causes confusion.   

thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@rikkumog wrote:

I am trying to port my service over from Ooma & just missed a phonecall from Public Mobile asking me to connect with a moderator so I can provide the name of the 'reseller'.  I'm not sure who the 'reseller' is.  Would that be London Drugs, which is where I signed up for the Public Mobile plan?  If so, can a moderator input that into the system, so that the port request can be executed?  This is my first time using the 'community' so not entirely sure if I'm writing on the correct board in order to get a moderator's attention.  Also, my family has several lines with public mobile & I may have used the email address associated with a phone I don't wan't to port when I signed up for community.  Sorry if this causes confusion.   

thanks!

@rikkumog  The port info is incomplete so you need to provide more information. Did you verify that you can port out from OOMA? Some voip providers charge a fee for that. You need to submit a ticket.

psf.JPG

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@rikkumogCommunity account could be different from your Public Mobile account so no worries there. Try connecting to the Telus Port Team if it was a person calling you.. it is likely from them.

Need Help? Let's chat.