cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

porting a landline number upon activation

Tony14
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just received my new SIM card and am trying to activate my new PM acct.... I have reached the point in

Public Mobile Online Activation
2. Choose Phone Number

I filled out form and pressed continue ...I get an error message in red:  Your Old Service Provider rejected your transfer request. Common mistakes.... etc etc
It appears there is some error in my information but I have no idea what that is....I know it takes 2 days for a port from a landline and that the system is overloaded bcz of Covid 19...but I just want to get the ball rolling and know that I am not just waiting in vain bcz I made an error...please advise 

9 REPLIES 9

@ryanrudolf wrote:

I encountered an error too when trying to port my voipms number. What I did is I gathered my billing records from voipms and made sure I am entering the info correctly as it appears on the billing record. After that it worked! Although I can place outgoing calls OK, the incoming calls and SMS is still not working. I did it last Fri Mar27 so I will wait maybe a week and if nothing happens I'll contact the moderators about it.

Found this:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Porting-Landline/m-p/392297#M75171

“They say a week it depends on how long it takes your current provider to release the number.  They may contact you and try to keep you as a customer.  Your landline should still continue to work until the port is complete.  Once you initiate the port your PM line will now display your landline number when you call or text people.  It just won't ring on your cell phone when someone calls you until the port is completed”

ryanrudolf
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

thanks for the headsup! i would contact them by Wed if nothing happens just to be fair. i know they are swamped with support requests.

ryanrudolf
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I encountered an error too when trying to port my voipms number. What I did is I gathered my billing records from voipms and made sure I am entering the info correctly as it appears on the billing record. After that it worked! Although I can place outgoing calls OK, the incoming calls and SMS is still not working. I did it last Fri Mar27 so I will wait maybe a week and if nothing happens I'll contact the moderators about it.

@gblackma wrote:

@Tony14 Did you place an anti fraud port block on your old providers account? 

I suspect that that when Public Mobile's website says that old provider rejected stuff, it's a falsehood. If Public Mobile was able to check that quickly and get a response from the old provider about approval or rejection, all number ports would be completed within seconds. I'll say that this is a website problem.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Tony14 You should plan for the landline transfer to take at least a week; mine took two weeks. In theory, your landline will work until the transfer is complete. DO NOT CANCEL IT.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Tony14  As @geopublic  said, it'd be best to select one of the numbers available, and THEN deal with the port - that way you at least have cell service.... of course you'll still have landline service too, until that can be taken care of.

One thing you might want to do a search for, on these forums - ISTR reading that SOME landline numbers can't be ported..... IIRC, it's something to do with certain area codes? Someone else in this thread will probably chime in....

Tony14
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

no ...that would never have occurred to me...lol...thanks for the response

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Tony14 wrote:

I just received my new SIM card and am trying to activate my new PM acct.... I have reached the point in

Public Mobile Online Activation
2. Choose Phone Number

I filled out form and pressed continue ...I get an error message in red:  Your Old Service Provider rejected your transfer request. Common mistakes.... etc etc
It appears there is some error in my information but I have no idea what that is....I know it takes 2 days for a port from a landline and that the system is overloaded bcz of Covid 19...but I just want to get the ball rolling and know that I am not just waiting in vain bcz I made an error...please advise 

@Tony14  My recommendation would be to select a temporary number during activation. Once that is done and your selfserve account is created,  then a submit a ticket to PM with the porting details and they will submit your porting request.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking the icon below:

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Tony14 Did you place an anti fraud port block on your old providers account? 

Need Help? Let's chat.