cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

ported number

Hi, I am new to Public Mobile. I did everything online and when I asked that a number be taken from another Service Provider, the wrong number was taken.  I then went in PM My Account and changed the number, asking them to take the correct number from the other Service Provider. Now I need the original number back and the other Service Provider cannot access it since it now belongs to Public Mobile.  I need the account number associated with this number but it's not my account number.  I am really panicking as this was my husband's cell number and he absolutely needs it back. HELP !

Mayor / Maire

Re: ported number

Submit a ticket to a moderator by clicking on the question mark on the bottom right.   I have seen the following number mentioned in this forum as a way to contact the Telus porting team.  You could try calling the following phone# 1-877-868-3587. 

Oracle

@Nane , I don't know how to break the news to you, this could be bad.  The subsequent number port releases the first number ported back to the carrier that "owns" the number.  It could take a bit of work to get it back.  The other bad news is both plans that were carrying the ported number has been closed.  Hopefully that doesn't trigger device balance payments and loss of legacy plans.  I suggest contacting the moderator team to seek their assistance immediately.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using smartforms which is initiated by clicking on the ? on the lower right corner of the webpage or try using this link. The guided process will facilitate documentation of the issue or concern and the required resolution which will be submitted to the moderator team. Refer to this announcement link for additional details on smartforms and the ticketing system for moderator team interactions. If use of smartform brings no joy, then use the following direct link to private message the moderator team. Refer to the following knowledge base article for additional information on the moderator team.

Oracle

@Nane wrote:

Hi, I am new to Public Mobile. I did everything online and when I asked that a number be taken from another Service Provider, the wrong number was taken.  I then went in PM My Account and changed the number, asking them to take the correct number from the other Service Provider. Now I need the original number back and the other Service Provider cannot access it since it now belongs to Public Mobile.  I need the account number associated with this number but it's not my account number.  I am really panicking as this was my husband's cell number and he absolutely needs it back. HELP !

@Nane 

You will need the assistance of the Moderators and to do that you will need to create a Trouble Ticket.  Click this link https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ and enter your question into SIMon.  Follow the prompts to get to the Contact Us button and then a Submit Ticket button will appear.

Community Moderators are available from Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm(Eastern)

More info on moderators

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *