cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ported number

MarkHancharek
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I just became a customer yesterday. Had to get my phone unlocked. Phone is working but my old number didn't transfer over to my public account. How do I correct this?

8 REPLIES 8

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@MarkHancharek wrote:

Hi, I just became a customer yesterday. Had to get my phone unlocked. Phone is working but my old number didn't transfer over to my public account. How do I correct this?

@MarkHancharek  Did you setup the port during activation? If not, and you selected a temporary number from the Public's number pool then you need to do the following:

• Be sure to note the best practices below to ensure a smooth process:
    1. Only the authorized account holder can transfer a number.
    2. You cannot transfer numbers between Public Mobile accounts.
    3. Your previous account must be active in order for the number transfer to go through. Once the transfer is complete, it will be automatically deactivated from your previous service provider.
    4. Double check your old account info, as it needs to be correct in order for your number transfer to complete. Here’s the information you’ll need:  Account Number with previous provider, name on the account and phone number.

To complete your port-in request, this link and type in “port request” to be put in touch with a Moderator.  Provide the info from above.

@MarkHancharek check your inbox(envelope on the top right corner) periodically, to see if you've received a message from Moderators

@MarkHancharek you should click the top right dots on your post and edit out your phone numbers.

dude65
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Please remove your phone numbers

shep22
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@MarkHancharek please delete your personal info you are on a public forum if you click on the 3 dots top right corner you can edit your post  If the problem persists click on the ? Bottom right hand corner Ask Simon to speak to a human this will help create a ticket to speak to a moderator  mention port request they can help you with your issue check the envelope top right corner for a reply response time is 2 to 48 hours

MarkHancharek
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, my old number was xxxxx. The number I ended up with is xxxx  This is now the 4th account that i have signed up.  I had no issue with those transfering the old number.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@MarkHancharek wrote:

@MarkHancharek You will need to contact moderators....looks like @gblackma might have beat me to this so ill leave it at that..lol

Beat to it as I was entering the @ sign.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@MarkHancharek is you old account active and did you initiate a port?  Log into your self service account. What number shows up under the plan section. If its your old number your port is probably stuck.  Contact the moderators and explain your situation.  There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  Stay safe. 

Welcome to PM .

Need Help? Let's chat.