cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

port number from NextPlus internet phone

Addi514m
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I would like to know if it is at all possible to port number from NextPlus internet phone service to public mobile. 

10 REPLIES 10

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Addi514m 

@Addi514m wrote:

I would like to know if it is at all possible to port number from NextPlus internet phone service to public mobile. 

a while ago I was able to port number from  netTALK, no problem, but sure with NextPlus, ask them first.

@totalUser  glad you feel that way. 👍 Don't see no harm in OP, who is a potential new customer asking both the provider (app) that holds the number and the mods (even if there response is contact the App provider). More ridiculous things are told on the forums to contact mods then what I posted in here 

@Jb456 

No they wouldn't keep any list like that and why would they, list like that would just be a liability, who will keep it updated and why would they look it up to let you know if it's the job of the other provider to have and give such information, why would they be responsible for such information when they cannot enforce timely update or any other aspect of it. There may be hundreds of VoIP providers across North America and abroad.

You come to them with the request and they assume you did your homework and know if you can or cannot move that number, even the info you are supposed to pass to them is your responsibility, they only go as far as the form and the info you provide. They request the move and if you did your homework it goes through in a week, if you didn't it fails.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Addi514m  Do you have a free number or did you purchase a premium number subscription?

Visiting their website or doesn't appear that they allow you to port out their free numbers.

Since you are a customer best to ask them.

@Jb456  @You can port a free number from textnow. I did not think that was possible. Learn something new everyday. 

@totalUser 

Hi,

Maybe mods have an internal list that is not available to us. I believe it's worth a shot as searching abit on google appears it takes forever to get responses sometimes from said app.

Below was my reason for saying contact Moderators

I mean there's many other threads that lots of people tell op to contact Moderators when they shouldn't so at least this one is for a potential new customer.

Nextplus is part of textplus inc. and according to thread below. Textplus can be ported so nextplus should work to.

Although I can't click the link that Will13am posted.. as it says access denied I can read the title "port number from textplus".

Also OP wrote textplus and said it ported in the thread.

Here's the thread.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Number-not-working/m-p/280350

@Jb456 

Hi

I don't think anyone should contact moderators yet, they will not know if a random voip providers allows moving their numbers

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

@Addi514m 

Hi and welcome to public

As long as your allows transfer you can do it

Some providers will not let you

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Well that app is like Textnow / textme and people have been able to port numbers from those apps so it might be possible. It could take up to 7 days though.  Contact nextplus to confirm with them.

Also I'd suggest you contact moderators to confirm as well. Two ways to reach them.

Simon.JPG

Or private message them at link below

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

If you're able to don't forget to use a referral code for a $10 signup bonus.

We hope to welcome you to the public mobile family 🙂

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Addi514m the easist  way to find this out is to get in touch with them and ask them. Stay safe. 

Need Help? Let's chat.