cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

port my number from koodo.

JohnDickson
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi all, I am having problems getting anywhere with porting my number from koodo, to the public, which I am just this morning a new customer of, THANKS

12 REPLIES 12

JohnDickson

Big Thanks to every one who tried to help me.  I tried everything to get my number ported, but no good, I could not do it.

So I have decided to just stay with my provider, I THANK EVERY ONE, who tried to help, APPRECIATED.. THANKS again. 

@danbarry2  Hit the mail icon select the subject of the message from the moderator team and respond to that message.

@danbarry2 wrote:

verification done

Moderators rarely read the messages here. Once you've submitted a ticket, you'll need to wait the moderators to contact you.

danbarry2

verification done

aj_taylor

Hi John,

I just finished doing this myself with Kodoo. Make sure that you have contacted Kodoo to enable them to unlock the portal protection feature that they most likely have on your number. After that, once you have an account here and temporary number you can talk to the moderator via private message through this community site. 

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@JohnDickson 

I can understand your frustration with this. One solution is to make sure your plans still active and visiting an in-store location to start the porting process:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/store-locator

If you want to start the process online, then start with the link below:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-started

SIMon chat bubbles-01.jpeg

submit ticket-01.jpeg

@JohnDickson contact customer support mods

click on the question mark chat bubble to the bottom right of your screen
type "port request"
(use the chat bubble options, then click "submit a ticket, click me" option)
*login using your community account

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

JohnDickson

Tried not trued sorry, also I hope I did not use you Surname,as your first name if I did i am sorry again, and thanks for trying to help me, appreciated.

JLakerson
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@JohnDickson 

If you are coming from a prepaid plan: You need to create a temporary phone number and you will require the assistance of the moderators to complete the porting process. To get the help of a moderator, you will need to click on the question mark icon on the bottom right (this is the virtual assistant SIMON). You will need to create a ticket for your porting request and a moderator should get back to you. They will need the name on the account, the number you are porting and the Koodo account number. Your Koodo account should still be active in order for this process to be successful.

If you are coming from a postpaid plan: Input your current number as you do not need to create a new number.

@JohnDickson wrote:

I will try again, Ross, I have trued about five times, but will give it a go again , BIG THANKS.

Try this private link to reach a moderator if you are having problems with the chatbot.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

JohnDickson

I will try again, Ross, I have trued about five times, but will give it a go again , BIG THANKS.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@JohnDickson wrote:

Hi all, I am having problems getting anywhere with porting my number from koodo, to the public, which I am just this morning a new customer of, THANKS

@JohnDickson hello to contact a moderator  click on the ? Bottom right hand corner Ask Simon to speak to a human this will help create a ticket to speak to a moderator mention port request   check the envelope top right corner for a reply response time is 2 to 48 hours

Need Help? Let's chat.