port koodo number help

aminesaidi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hello 

can you please help with porting my koodo number

8 REPLIES 8

blackmatcha
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I transferred from Fido and successfully ported to Public Mobile few hours ago.

Make sure your account is active. In my case FIDO.

You need a sim from Public Mobile and have it activated first with new number and Top up with plan. You will see two options: New Number or Transfer number from your old provider. DO NOT TRY PORTING IT BY YOURSELF.

after that if your new number from public mobile is working (try calling or message to see if it works) chat SIMON automated chatbox link below and wait for his replies:

1) type port request

2.) TRANSFER MY NUMBER AFTER ACTIVATION option

3) Contact a moderator

4) Submit a ticket. Click me!

5) log in your community account in Public mobile - you need new account for this. Its not connected to your main account for Public mobile when you registered your sim card

6) select issue category: go to OTHER not the activation unsuccessful

7) select SOMETHING ELSE option

8.) type PORT REQUEST in the box for details

9) verify by My account or by PIN (your choice)

10) after verify Submit Ticket

Link for SIMON automated chat box: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

wait for the moderator reply for the ticket. It will take like one day before they reply in my case. Then they will ask you for details about your old provider. You can see if they reply in your INBOX in community account - Public mobile.

you can ask me for more info 🙂

pharaohpeter
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@aminesaidi 

To get someone to help with porting your number from Koodo to Public here are:

1- how to contact a moderator 

2- a link to private message the moderators 

Directly contact them and they will help with your issue.

Good luck!

@aminesaidi wrote:

hello 

can you please help with porting my koodo number Thank you

@aminesaidi 

• Be sure to note the best practices below to ensure a smooth process:
    1. Only the authorized account holder can transfer a number.
    2. You cannot transfer numbers between Public Mobile accounts.
    3. Your previous account must be active in order for the number transfer to go through. Once the transfer is complete, it will be automatically deactivated from your previous service provider.
    4. Double check your old account info, as it needs to be correct in order for your number transfer to complete. Here’s the information you’ll need:

Koodo Account Number

Name on the Koodo Account

Koodo Phone Number

To complete your port-in request, please open the chatbot via this link and type in “port request” to be put in touch with a Moderator. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

You need to contact moderator for assistant.

Details is on this thread.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Number-transfer-in-Self-Serve-impacted-...

1.  Make sure to include the magic words "port request" on the private message subject line.

2.  Make sure that your Koodo phone is still active.

3.  double check the account number, phone number and the name on your PM account.

Create a moderator support ticket for help using the ? button at the right side bottom corner of this page.

1. Tell SIMon what is the issue - port request
2. Ask for "moderator"
3. SIMon will give your 2 choices. Click on the "Account-specific question"
4. Then, click on "No, I want a human"
5. Click "Submit a ticket"
6. Follow instruction to create support ticket.

After submitted a ticket, members should check their private message SENT folder for their ticket which they just created.
If you cannot find your ticket in your SENT box, You did not create your support ticket yet. Also monitor your INBOX for any reply from moderator.
Click the envelop icon at the top right corner to access your private message mailbox.

You can also enable email notification after receiving a private message at your INBOX.
My settings --> PREFERENCES --> Private Messenger --> enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages' --> Save

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@aminesaidi  

You need moderator help to port your number.  Type "Port Request" and follow the prompts to get to one. Give them the name on the account,  phone number to port and the old providers account number.  There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  Stay safe. 

Welcome to PM .

aminesaidi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hello 

can you please help with porting my koodo number Thank you

Need Help? Let's chat.