cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

port in my real phone number

oysters
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am new to Public Mobile, and looking for assistance please.

My Mobile number was ported out from former server fine, but not ported into my Public Mobile phone correctly.  Now when my number is dialed the response is "this number is no longer in service".   Is there a way to get my number ported in correctly?  Currently the number in my mobile phone is incorrect, therefore I am not receiving any telephone calls on my mobile.

Help please.

Oysters

7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@oysters : Maybe restart the phone. Also have a look in your self-serve to see if the number is now the number you ported in.

The "Message Tags" can be used to put in your own keywords. Some people use them to index their own posts. Others use some normal keywords. It helps a little for searching but we can't search them specifically.

oysters
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi RosieR

Thank you for the tel number I did call yesterday and sounded like she was going to make it happen, because the number i want shows it is still active. and the change would take place in 24 hours,  last night I opened my mobile and the screen read "No Service" now I am really concerned.

I will call the number again and see what they can do.

Thanks again

oysters

PS I don't know what "message tags" shown on the right of "body" , means????

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@oysters 

When you say the number on your phone is incorrect, are you meaning you've been assigned a DIFFERENT phone number than the one you wished to be ported from your prior supplier?

Log into your self-serve account, go under Plan and Add-Ons tab to see what your phone is displayed as.  

Try:

• rebooting phone
  • removing/replacing SIM card
  • toggling airplane mode
  • resetting network connections

If the porting assistance folks can't assist (though they should be able to), contact a Public Mobile moderator:

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type moderator assistance, then select account-related issue, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@oysters 

Who was your previous carrier and is your phone an iPhone or Android?

The more information we can get...the better we can help you with your problem.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@oysters  Have you tried entering the phone settings and manually entering the correct number?

For iPhones this would be Settings >> Phone >> My Number: if incorrect enter and click Save. Reboot the phone and see what happens.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

How long did you request the porting?

I assumed that you already reply YES from your old provider to confirm you are porting your line away

it's normal for porting to take 2 to 4 hours.  It is a normal behavior that during this time, you can call and text out but not receiving.    In the mean time you can keep reboot your phone with PM SIM every 30 mins and test again.

One more thing, you didn't mention if you are porting from another mobile provider or home phone line/VoIP.  If you are porting your number from traditional phone line or VoIP providers, it will take as many as 4 days or more.

@oysters wrote:

I am new to Public Mobile, and looking for assistance please.

My Mobile number was ported out from former server fine, but not ported into my Public Mobile phone correctly.  Now when my number is dialed the response is "this number is no longer in service".   Is there a way to get my number ported in correctly?  Currently the number in my mobile phone is incorrect, therefore I am not receiving any telephone calls on my mobile.

I would call x to find out why your number did not port over.

Need Help? Let's chat.