cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

port from koodo prepaid

ehjay
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, trying to port from koodo prepaid, can't do it through website, says to contact help but don't know how to do that.  Any advice? Thanks

18 REPLIES 18

ndon
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I agree, this was a frustrating learning process and could be simplified.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jamusrowe wrote:

Hi just signed up but can’t port my number from Koodo can anyone help plz really need to have my old number 

If your Koodo was a 30 day prepaid account as opposed to monthly post-paid then you'll need the mods to do that for you.

Send ONE (1) private message to them here and include your phone number and PIN to minimize back and forth identity verification delays.

Forget your PIN? Then you'll need 3 of either of these pieces of information you used when you signed up: full address, birthdate, last 4 digits of CC you might have used, email address on the account, alternative phone number you might've entered when you signed up. Or, in addition, either of these to get to 3: last payment amount and date, last add-on bought and date.
And of course your question/problem.
Then hopefully they will get back to you as soon as they can between M-F 9-9 (ET) and Sat-Sun 9-7:30 (ET). But it could be up to a couple days.
Depending on your notification settings, you would get an email notifying you of a reply. Get back here and see a red blob over the little envelope in the upper right of your screen and click on it to see the message.

Jamusrowe

Hi just signed up but can’t port my number from Koodo can anyone help plz really need to have my old number 

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi @BC-Eddie,

We've responded to your private message! Please check your inbox.

Best,

Syed

BC-Eddie

Thanks again!

@BC-Eddie

That should mean you are post paid.  So, you can port over directly from your self service account without need for moderator help.  

You can still activate with new public mobile number,  and then port over your Koodo number later.  Or you can port directly with the initial activation of SIM card.  

BC-Eddie

Sorry I now realized I was wrong about the type of Koodo account we have.  It is not "Prepaid" but "Monthly".   Does this mean I need to do something differently to get our numbers ported over?

TIA again

@BC-Eddie

You can activate your SIM card with new public mobile phone numbers.  Then you can private message moderators to have your Koodo number ported over afterwards.  It will take 1-2 days for moderators to process request.  Include your Koodo account number and account holder names with your message. 

From my understanding, you are unable to port via self -service account Koodo prepaid lines.  

BC-Eddie

I am hoping someone will be kind enough to help me.

I currently have a Koodo prepaid plan for myself and my wife (2 phones).  I have just received the two SIMs I need to move to the Public Mobile 4.5GB 3 G plan.  However from reading these posts it looks like I need to contact someone at PM to be able to port our old phone numbers over and I can't just do this via self-serve.  Have I got this right?

TIA

JL9
Mayor / Maire

@NDesai wrote:

@JL9 wrote:

I ported a koodo prepaid number over to PM, so you should be good. May take a little longer, but rest assured it will work.

Can you confirm if you did it yourself from self-serve account or you contacted moderator?

When I did it almost 2 years ago, I did it myself on the self serve. My porting over was quite delayed and I had a temp number until then, but I definitely Italy didnt have to message moderators. Although in hindsight that may have expedited the port.

ehjay

Thanks popping for the detailed response, makes sense now.  Sent PM to mods last night, still waiting for response.

However, just a suggestion to Public Mobile.  If porting from Koodo prepaid requires moderator help, a link to create a Private Message should be provided on the porting screen.  It took a lot of futile searching of the forums and finally posting this thread before I finally found out how to contact the mods.

Thanks again.

@JL9 wrote:

I ported a koodo prepaid number over to PM, so you should be good. May take a little longer, but rest assured it will work.

Can you confirm if you did it yourself from self-serve account or you contacted moderator?

JL9
Mayor / Maire

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ehjay

PM and Koodo prepaid are using the same back-end.  Therefore, the automated number porting system is treating the PM and Koodo prepaid as the same provider since they are sharing a back-end.  This is the reason why the "Check eligibility" was giving you the error message "we are unable to transfer your number".

Click the following link to send a private message to Community Moderators to ask for help.
Please include your PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:
- Complete mailing address,
- Email address,
- Alternate phone number,
- Date of birth,
- Last top up date & amount

Community Moderators are available from:
Monday to Friday from 9am (EDT) to 9pm (EDT)
Saturday and Sunday from 9am (EDT) to 7pm (EDT)

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Zhuoyu
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Welcome to PM.Smiley Happy

@ehjay wrote:

Thanks but I don't think that works for Koodo prepaid from what I've read on these forums.

As soon as I enter the number and click "Check eligibility" I get a message that "we are unable to transfer your number" etc.  I am using different emails for the PM and Koodo accounts.  I really think I need a moderators help but don't know how to get in touch with them.

Look up one post from yours.  You were already given all the necessary background and links to follow. 

ehjay

Thanks but I don't think that works for Koodo prepaid from what I've read on these forums.

As soon as I enter the number and click "Check eligibility" I get a message that "we are unable to transfer your number" etc.  I am using different emails for the PM and Koodo accounts.  I really think I need a moderators help but don't know how to get in touch with them.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@ehjay You can log into your self-serve account and port your number. But please do it only if you are NOT using the same email address as the one you used on koodo prepaid. If you did use the same email, you will have to send a private message to the Moderator_Team and they will get it done for you. 

Need Help? Let's chat.